8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Question about a Bell and Howell 16mm 552

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about a Bell and Howell 16mm 552
Matthew Heinrichs
Junior

- posted November 06, 2012 02:54 PM      Profile for Matthew Heinrichs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one that I am trying to get going.

It runs like a champ...bulb is good. The only thing is that the film seems not want to frame...I don't know if it's bouncing or what...any ideas.

Thanks...any help is appreciated!

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 06, 2012 03:32 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First clean the film channel. There may be a broken piece of film in there.

Second check the filmgate for any obstructions. It doesn't take muck.

Third Come back here if that doesn't work..

Matthew Heinrichs
Junior

- posted November 06, 2012 03:48 PM      Profile for Matthew Heinrichs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much, I will give it a try...it's just one of many projectors I have amassed from thrift stores and garage sales over the years...it's kind of an addiction. I got several that need some love and care...glad I found this forum. Thanks Pasquale!

Jim Hatcher
Junior

- posted December 04, 2012 07:01 PM      Profile for Jim Hatcher   Email Jim Hatcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure it's loading properly and holding the loop. Manually thread it if necessary. It's possible that the claw is not engaging when you pull it out of autoload, or the loop restorer is not working correctly.

Jim

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC