8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 115-120 V, 1000 watt bulb blown up the moment I placed it in my Pageant 126 TR :'(...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 115-120 V, 1000 watt bulb blown up the moment I placed it in my Pageant 126 TR :'(...
Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 09:41 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I am very sad, I just got this 1000 watt lamp for my little film festival I have on Saturday off ebay n the moment I turn on my baby, it just went "pffffft" :'(... Should I ask for a refund or is it something I overlooked? I don't want to be unreasonable to the seller, so fellow virtuosos, please give me your advice and thanks again as always [Big Grin] !!!

Best,
ET

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 08, 2013 09:59 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you can use ebay to help in this matter. Projection bulbs are probably now of quite old stcck, and travelling in the post could shake up the filaments.

Did you check the lamp on a meter before you put in in your projector? Was it electrically OK before use?

You can try your luck with ebay. I understand that these days they often favour a buyer's complaint.

--------------------
Maurice

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2013 10:28 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Maurice,

thanks so much for the heads up [Smile] ... I don't have a means of checking to see if it was "electronically ok" so jus visually checked to see if all the filaments were where they should be, which they were, so in my layman sense, I assumed it was show time [Frown] ... Thanks again and I'll see what I can do [Big Grin] !!!

Best,
ET

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2013 12:59 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it was dead on arrival, you would not have heard the "ffft" when you turned it on. Did the seller guarantee that the lamp would work?

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2013 06:24 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,
the seller didn't "guarantee" per say and I guess the lamp was good but I still dunno why it blew up [Frown] ? Is there an adjustment I have to make on the projector before putting in a 1,000 or 1,200 Watt lamp as my 750s work just fine :/? Thanks again [Big Grin] !!!

Best,
ET

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2013 06:46 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I no longer have that model projector, so I can't say for certain, but generally it has been my experience that you don't need to do anything but insert the lamp. Do you have the manual for it? I think one was available online. The manual should tell you.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2013 07:46 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suggest when fitting a new lamp get lamp up to room temp before switching on that seems to do the trick or fit a dimmer switch so you can increase light slowly to max light

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2013 08:58 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Dave n Barry,

thanks a ton for the heads up, I'll be sure to do the same as I get them in the mail and cheers 2 U both [Big Grin] !!!

Best,
ET

Edward Jurich
Junior

- posted June 16, 2013 08:49 PM      Profile for Edward Jurich   Email Edward Jurich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's happened to me with NOS lamps except the lamp would work for a few minutes then go. Problem I believe is the vacuum in the bulb has gone due to the seal getting old or the old lamp loosing a seal from age and heat when turned on. When I was buying NOS lamps off ebay I would buy several so I would at least get a few good ones.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2013 01:11 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ed,

finally lucked out as I got a batch of awesomely working ones a while back [Wink] ... Also, learned from my mistake and made sure they came to room temperature before pluggin em in and checking [Smile] !!!

Best,
ET

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC