8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Help,info on shipping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help,info on shipping
Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2013 10:59 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly Seasons Greetings to you all !!!!

I have some full features I will be selling shortly,can anyone recommend a good cheap courier service here in the UK,specifically for overseas shipping

Thanks in advance

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 14, 2013 02:48 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally, would not entrust film print transit to any old cheap courier service. My feelings are you get what you pay for. There are too many unproven courier services touting for business.
I favour UPS.

--------------------
Maurice

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2013 03:53 PM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice,will take on board

--------------------

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2013 11:27 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in August I won a copy of "Love at First Bite" from someone in the UK. Initially he was sending it out "mail" (I apologize for the actual term it is referred to in the UK).

3 days later when it shipped, he emailed me on Ebay and refunded me approx. $12, saying he found it cheaper to send it via UPS. I was happy he was so honest, and truthfully wouldn't have minded if he pocketed the extra few bucks as the shipping cost was already reasonable in the first place.

Keep in mind that at least here in the US, it's much easier to get a claim filed with UPS versus the Post Office, in the event of a loss, or damage (it takes a few weeks with UPS...can take MONTHS with the post office).

Hope this helps!

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2013 05:03 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David
Thanks for your rely,I have to agree that in the case of courier v Royal Mail,for packages over a certain size and weight courier wins all the time,I use couriers frequently for domestic deliveries but was wondering if there was a particular carrier for overseas deliveries that was more reliable than others.Perhaps UPS is that carrier?

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 15, 2013 12:46 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't use Royal Mail Parcelforce for anything ever again. They are unreliable, and the goods seem to arrive damaged more often than not - this has been my experience.

Darren Payne
Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2013 03:45 PM      Profile for Darren Payne   Email Darren Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, will never use Parcelforce. VERY expensive and unreliable. Only had bad experiences with them.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC