8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm Projector Stands

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm Projector Stands
Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2014 07:55 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago I had a Premier projector table by Robert Rigby Ltd made of steel. It folded flat and was very strong and stable but was very heavy and I tended to get my fingers caught in it putting it away. Unfortunately I sold with a projector 20 years ago. Recently I've regretted this as the lightweight twin tray types have not been high enough or strong enough. Really strong used stands are hard to find. I know you can get Unicol single column stands new. Are there cheaper alternatives or is it a case of make your own?

--------------------
Paul.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 12, 2014 03:00 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At one time 16mm projector owners had a wide choice of suitable stands from various manufacturers, now, perhaps the only provider is Unicol. They offer an almost build-it-yourself item, but at a price to match.

As you say, the little two-tier folding stands are not really suitable for 16mm use, not high enough, or strong enough.

If you do manage to find a suitable stand the postage may almost be as much as the purchase price.

Have you seen the very smart-looking Unicol stand for sale on eBay only about 13 miles from you in Godalming? It has a starting price (no bids at present) of £110.

It look great and quite superb, although it does not state the size of the table.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unicol-Projector-Stand-/191097319520?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Projector_Mounts_Stands&hash=item2c7e49b060

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2014 06:19 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for the kind suggestion Maurice. I live on the eastern edge of Aldershot so Godalming is less than 10 miles. It's certainly a "Rolls-Royce" solution however I don't need the versatility of the tilting platform and height adjustment so I will have to keep looking.

--------------------
Paul.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC