8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Movie-Pak Title Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie-Pak Title Help
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 17, 2014 09:54 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To accompany the introduction of the new Bell & Howell / Gaumont 601 in 1947 GB Equipments released short films to buy for the home, these were called Movie-Paks. They were produced in uniform dark green/pink boxes "To sit on your bookshelf", the only difference was the colour of the labels to distinguish between the class of release.

Some were re-badged previous Castle releases, but many were abridged titles from GB's own releases, viz, Jean Simmons in "Colonels Cup".

I have an old Movie-Pak without a title and I am hoping that someone will be able to give it a name. It's British with three children, one of them quite small, a pony and the village policeman. Two jewel thieves are trying a get-away but their van won't start, they imprison two of the older children in the van whilst they try to get away using a stolen donkey (which belongs to the children?) They shout out to villagers that they are rag and bone men wanting collections. The younger boy comes upon the van, releases the children and they finally catch the crooks with the aid of the donkey and the policeman.

It does seem highly edited and my assumption is that it is part of a 1946 childrens' serial called "Riders Of The New Forest", later edited down to 23 minutes as "Forest Pony".

Can anybody help?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC