8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Blu ray on 16 mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blu ray on 16 mm
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw (at "Les cinglés du cinéma" in Argenteuil/Paris) trailers in 16 mm that had a blu ray source. The man who projected the reel said he had them made specially for him. The quality was perfect. I couldn't get many informations about the lab that did the job as obviousely the owner of the film didn't want to say more about it. All I could know was the country (I will not mention here, nor will I mention the titles that were shown) and the price (24 euros a minute) as I asked the happy man if he had thought of sell copies. the answer was that at this cost, it would not be viable, it is only for the pleasure (just imagine : you get a copy unique in the world !).

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 04:44 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can also have a single 35mm print made with this system...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 05:15 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know but I think that few members of the forum use 35 mm which is more a professionnal gauge. I asked if the lab also made Super 8 copies but I was answered no.

--------------------
Dominique

Doug Thompson
Junior

- posted October 04, 2014 01:24 PM      Profile for Doug Thompson   Email Doug Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that this is how the projectionist acquired his footage.

Edit:
Now that I have clicked on the youtube link, it says that the video is unavailable, which is unfortunate. It showed the entire process from manipulating the video to projecting the processed replacement film which was spliced into the damaged print.

There's a seller on ebay who sells 16mm reductions of 35mm snipes which are produced on polyester base film using the standard negative process. But they had this snipe made up in both flat and scope by Marco in Italy. By the way, the youtube of this used to be full frame. I guess it was changed to prevent downloading and reuse.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 04, 2014 04:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting link, sad indeed that the video has been removed from YouTube but from other members' comments the results are also good when the source is a dvd (what I saw at Argenteuil was from a blu ray source). It would be nice to have that also in other gauges than 16 mm.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC