8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Have found a projector..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have found a projector..
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2014 01:55 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a Bell and Howell 16mm projector in good working order. TQ111 Filmosound. i found it advertised on a local selling page and they want £25 for it. Is this a good model or anything i should watch out for? Thanks in advance [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 24, 2014 02:03 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could have trouble with a cracked worm. Ask to take the back off and inspect the worm with a torch, rotate it by use of the inching knob and see it there are any cracks in it.

If there are cracks then they will only get larger resulting in the need of a new worm and ancillary items. If done professionally it could cost up to £200.

If the worm is totally black in colour then it is fairly new, the one-piece item was introduced to replace the original worm which was of a two-piece construction.

Proceed with caution, if the worm is OK then the Bell & Howell range are great projectors.

--------------------
Maurice

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2014 02:08 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice have just watched a video to understand what you mean. I have it now so will definateley be looking at it tomorrow before purchase. Thanks for that as would not have known.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 24, 2014 02:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A wise thing to do is to run it with a (non precious) film. If everything goes right, it is a good start :-)

--------------------
Dominique

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2014 02:32 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There in lies a problem :/ i dont have any movies and neither do they. At £25 i am happy to get it if worm gear is ok and will look for a cheap short to put through it if it runs then great if not then not a massive loss. I am looking at it more as a starter to lead me up to the fair in Blackpool where hopefully i can pick up something much nicer [Smile]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2014 02:35 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if I was you I would wait for blackpool I have loads of projectors and films that I will be taking .or come to my home in southport and have a browse round my very large collection of films and lenses and projectors before I start to load them up for blackpool .any one else interested in coming to my home email to arrange a viewing thanks

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2014 02:59 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David i have sent you an email thanks.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC