8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » HELP!!! Very urgent, where can I get Filmguard in Canada for a screening that I have

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!!! Very urgent, where can I get Filmguard in Canada for a screening that I have
Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2015 10:13 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

any tip is greatly appreciated [Smile] ...

Elyas

|  IP: Logged

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2015 05:37 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just order it from the US to Canada, it arrives within a few days.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2015 07:07 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pete,

I tried Amazon and it wouldn't let me check out because I'm in Canada [Frown] ... Can you please give me more details, as I also tried the Minneapolis dealer for film - tech since it's the closest to me and he turned me down as well [Frown] ...

Elyas

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2015 11:09 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pete,

no problem, I've managed to get a distributor here in Canada and thanks again, good sir [Smile] !!!

Best,
Elyas

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2015 02:48 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Elyas
Who is your Canadian distributor? Curious "Canadian" minds want to Know.
Cheers
Terry

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2015 08:29 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry,

cinematronix.net [Smile] !!!

Elyas

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 22, 2015 04:21 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Elyas,

Just visited Cinematronix and they are only doing with digital projector. Are you sure thay are selling filmguard?

If you don't mind how much they sell. You can PM me if you need so at winbert (at) hotmail (dot) com

--------------------
Winbert

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2015 06:57 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Elyas
Thanks for the link. Like Winbert I'm still curious as they seem digital oriented - although they have a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) Creation package so they do deal with film.. Did you contact them directly?

Cheers
Terry

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2015 09:10 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry,

they have an office in Toronto so you should be lucky n not even have to pay shipping [Wink] .

Best,
Elyas

P.S: Yes, I contacted them over the phone.

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2015 09:11 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry,

they have an office in Toronto so you should be lucky n not even have to pay shipping [Wink] .

Best,
Elyas

P.S: Yes, I contacted them over the phone.

Michel Boulet
Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2015 02:37 PM      Profile for Michel Boulet   Email Michel Boulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can also try next time this guy in montreal who also deal with films and projectors.

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=74VdU8vkMMyD8QfcjYDoBg#q=robert+film+services+montreal

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2015 06:07 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Win,

so sorry for the late response, I'm just now seeing your post on this thread, good sir [Frown] ... Hoping the transition back home went great, Cinematronix.net does indeed carry FG. The nice lady at their BC headquarters I spoke with at first was also in awe of my asking of the product as it isn't in demand at all as if late, owing to the blasphemy that is digitization. It cost CAN 35, plus another 35 for shopping with Purolator, n it was at my door in 3 business days ( including the date I ordered it on... WOW). The nice lady suggested getting it shipped from their Ontario branch so that it got to me Gast, n she could not have been more right [Smile] !!! I applied FG to a print last night and am in love with the product already, will be sure to post before and after pix, as I HIGHLY recommend it [Big Grin] !!!

Elyas

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2015 10:38 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much for all the info Elyas, I appreciate it.
Cheers
Terry

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2015 04:35 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry,

the pleasure is all mine n before n after pix coming soon once I get time. Have yourself a great week and bye for now [Smile] !!!

Elyas

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 27, 2015 01:37 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Elyas thanks. That CAD 35 for what size ?

BTW, I was thinking that with the demise of analog cinemas, I believe that such liquid (FG, Vita Film, etc) will be lying around in the cinemas unused.

Have you ever checked, they might give you for free... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Winbert

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2015 07:08 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Win,

I have not but will definitely be sure to and the price of CAD 35 is for close to a liter (Doesn't say anywhere on the packaging but I remember the sales person telling me over the phone).

Cheers,
Elyas

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC