8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Derann shorts on 16mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann shorts on 16mm
Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2015 05:35 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that Derann sold copies on 16mm of 'Flavour of the Month' (I have it) and 'Pieces of Silver' but what else did they release on 16mm?

At a previous BFCC I asked Derann if they had a 16mm catalogue similar to their Super 8 catalogue, but they told me they didnt so mab'ye they didnt release much on 16mm. Was there any others + trailers?

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2015 06:43 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure a couple of shorts and trailers were advertised as being in both 8mm & 16mm. The trailer to Titanic comes to mind, but it's too late for me to look out lists now - I'm off to bed.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 27, 2015 09:56 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ones I have include:
'Jurassic Park 3' trailer
'Lord of the Rings - the Two Towers' 'scope trailer
'Lonesome Ghosts' (Disney)
'Cinema Tags' (various daysets, etc)
'Pearl and Dean intros' (two different on each reel)

Others include 'Ben Hur' 'scope trailer, I think one or two other Disney releases and at least one British Transport Films release.

It's easy to think of the 16mm as being very much secondary to the 8mm sales, but I was astonished when Steve once told me that they had sold between 300 and 400 copies of 'Flavour of the Month' on 16mm.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2015 09:46 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disney's Brave Little Tailor, with Mickey & Minnie Mouse and The Giant,

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 19, 2015 04:20 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could 'special order' quite a few Gray. Ads of Yesteryear which I showed at the film fair was very crisp. [Cool]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 19, 2015 05:02 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Rollercoaster Rabbit" was also available on 16mm.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC