8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » RCA Hollywood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RCA Hollywood
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2016 12:43 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had one of these for a good few years and it is probably my favourite projector, not only because it is a beautiful looking machine, but also because it is so quiet in operation and very kind to film. However the sound volume is a little low. The amplifier seems to be fine, which I conclude because when a microphone is used for commentary there is plenty of volume.
I have two possible causes of low film volume but would love to hear the comments of others who may have come across this fault.
My thoughts are that the exciter lamp is not illuminated brightly enough or that the tiny mirror that reflects the light beam onto the PEC has degraded
I have used an external power source to feed the exciter lamp with a 4 volt supply and it does make the exciter lamp brighter, which indicates that it is not getting the correct voltage. When I did this it did improve the volume but it was accompanied by hum.
If either of these is the problem has anyone tackled and resolved it successfully.
On the other hand maybe there are other causes that I have not considered.
I have tried changing the PEC and the exciter lamp but to no avail.
I'm sure there are members on this Forum that can give me the advice I'm looking for.
Terry

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC