8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What Scope to lens buy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Scope to lens buy
Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2017 01:19 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking into buying a scope lens to the use for a Elf 16mm projector, I see so many different ones out there it seems a little bit confusing. I know that Isco and Schneider lens seem to be very good but also exspensive, and I am assuming that most if not all of them are 35mm lens...with that being said, would this be a good choice to use if you were only about 7-14 feet away from the screen? What kind of scope lens do you use..and why?

Thanks
Tom

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 12, 2017 02:25 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom

Be very careful, most anamorphic lenses on sale now are ex. 35mm cinema lenses, and as such, will not focus down enough for use in the home.

Lenses suitable for use with 16mm projectors are now quite rare, and therefore expensive.

Here is one that would be suitable. Why not contact the seller as he says he has several in stock.

Don't forget that you will also need a suitable bracket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EI KI-16F-Anamorphic-Lens-suitable-for-Camera-or-Projector-New-Old-Stock-/252990601831?hash=item3ae76a3a67:g:ZEIAAOSwgv5ZQJJH

--------------------
Maurice

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 12, 2017 05:29 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lens like below video is suit enough for projectors like: Elmo, Elf, Eiki.

https://www.facebook.com/fredrikj1981/videos/pcb.857740341049705/1388187134608151/?type=3&theater

This lens can be found everywhere, it is called Sankor or Elmoscope.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC