8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Harris Films Surrey. A Blast from the past.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Harris Films Surrey. A Blast from the past.
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 12, 2018 02:01 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still being a relatively new comer to 16mm, i keep on finding all the great one off titles, (but not quite getting them).
Today, a friend of mine who use to collect cine films many years ago, sent me two wonderful catalouges. The first was from Looney movies here in Plymouth, the other is a very good, thick glossy book like catalogue of 16mm films for hire from "Harris Films", Glenbuck Road in Surrey. WOW, how i wish i could find just some of the titles in this book. It reads like a Christmas wish list. I will be sitting down tonight having just viewed a couple of trailers and with a Cup tea, will look through it and dream. Over the next few days or so i will pop up a few pages. There are too many for me to copy the whole book but i will put up some to share.

-

|  IP: Logged

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2018 06:16 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have that one and an earlier one too. They used to have the MGM 16mm too.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2018 12:08 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to hire 'The Robe' regularly from Ron Harris until their increases priced me out. Wonder what happened to all their prints when they closed. Perhaps some went to Filmbank and, no doubt, some to be bandsawn

--------------------
Dave

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC