8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » My Elmo 16CL has mumble sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Elmo 16CL has mumble sound
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 24, 2018 08:37 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is very strange. My 16CL suddenly has mumble sound. First time I found this, the the projector has the sound too low with the standard speaker. I then extended the external speaker output with an active speaker (which has an additional amplifier). The sound is now louder but the voice is mumbling. I cannot listrn clearly what the dialog is about.

So what do you think happen and how to fix this?

Regards,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2018 02:18 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a guess - but have you checked that the pinch roller on the sound drum is making full contact/pressure? If not that would account for indistinct sound reproduction. Also check that the sound drum is turning freely. Could be that the flywheel needs a little lubrication.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2018 11:06 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the sound optics area to make sure a bit of dust or something has not fouled up the light path.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC