8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Sl 2 problem need help (solve) + solution

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sl 2 problem need help (solve) + solution
Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2019 06:22 PM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I bought the projector not a long time ago, in order to repare the power switch who was very hard to turn i open the eiki sl-2 to clean and grease the different part. After put all together the knob was much easier to turn but after puting the power on, the motor didnn't run. The projecteur have power (i see light) and ween turning the switch to start the film every think shutdown. Wenn turning back the switch to the main position the power comes back (can see light). Furthemore the reverse fonction is working fine.

Some one can help me? Do you think the problem come from the film guard switch ?

[ June 16, 2019, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Pierre Mdihi ]

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 16, 2019 10:54 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being a slot loader, the main control knob operates many parts which are all connected with various links. It seems that they are not operating as they should.
Van Eck have a Service Manual (PDF file) which will probably be of help in diagnosing the problem.
https://shop.van-eck.net/MA-1839.html

--------------------
Maurice

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2019 06:15 PM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I manage to solve the different problem on this projector, it's not perfect but the projector is running well (for now). Since i have a lot of difficulties to found answer on internet i will try to explain some of the solutions here so amateur like me having trouble with their Eiki SL-2 projector can maybe found a solution .

First the service manual:

it's available on film tech:(don't paid for any kind of Manual, you can find everything sharing by nice people on internet with time).

http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/manuals/EIKISLIISERVICE.pdf

For noisy electric generator: the issue can be cause by vibration inside the generator so tighten every screw who can find on it. That's how i manage to stop the nose on mine eiki. If the sound doesn't stop it's causing by magnetic field.

Hard knob (switch) remove and grease this part, (don't hesitate to put oil inside):

-

and verify this part is in the right order (refer to the service manuel and photo on internet).

-

For unstable image: verify this part is not blocked, if so look inside th projector and found were it's blocked (lack of grease, screw to tight,...). You can verify the problem is causing by this part by creating with your figer a lower loop and normaly the image will became stable.

-

If the projector turn on wenn the switch is on the neutral position but turn off ween you turn the switch to start the projection. the probleme comes from the secutity switch. verify that's the switch is working, the bouton that activate the switch is in the right position and the mechanism shown on the photo 2 is well installed (refering the service manuel or photo on internet).

-

My trick to replace old focus knob ruber, i use the scotch for electric wire. I put enough to have the right thickness. I used this technique on all the projector i have and it is working fine remains to know if it can last many years.

-

I hope the topic can help some amateur like me, who doesn't know nothing (yet) on projecteur maintenance and have difficulties to find responses.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 07, 2019 03:32 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharing this with everyone especially as you have also taken the trouble to put up the images. Tips for these and other projectors are always welcome. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC