8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Scooby Doo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scooby Doo
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2007 03:43 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any Scooby Doo wanted on 16. Has anyone EVER seen Scooby Doo on 16?

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2007 11:18 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't see too many Scoobys. I did run across one on Ebay...and won it. It was from a later series that had Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy ...no Velma, etc. It is a reel consisting of four 7 minute cartoons....each one self contained. They are basically takeoffs on famous horror films, Phantom of the Opera....Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Hunchback of Notre Dame, etc. color has held fair to good. I also saw an 8mm silent 200 ft. color scooby cutdown of the half hour show..from Techno...it was terrible.....no sound stripe..no subtitles....nothing. Hanna Barbara cartoons are mostly talking heads...and come off terribly in silent versions...especially without subtitles.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 22, 2007 12:06 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Techno Scoobys (sound versions) seem to be the last 10 minutes of a half hour episode. No set up.....starts with the plan to capture the ghost/creature/evildoer. They don't even include the theme song!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2007 12:22 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Several of the Scooby show incarnations are around on 16mm film -- at one point I got a batch of about 30 of them - but that was probably 5 or 6 years agao and they're all long gone...

Keep looking - they'll turn up eventually...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC