8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » House of the Long Shadows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: House of the Long Shadows
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 20, 2008 07:12 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody ever come across a 16mm print of this title?
Directed by Pete Walker.
Starring Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Vincent Price, John Carradine, Sheila Keith.

-Mike

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 21, 2008 08:02 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the film was screened at a Festival of Fantastic Films in Manchester - I'd guess about 12 years ago, maybe when Peter Walker was a guest - and I'm sure it was 16mm. I've got a Filmbank catalogue that features it, so this was probably the source.

Finding a print for sale would be a lot harder than hiring one, though!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 22, 2008 01:36 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, its pretty hard to come by. I've yet to meet or speak to a collector or dealer who has ever handled a print.
Who is Filmbank? Are they still in existence?

-Mike

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2008 04:09 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Filmbank is an organisation that deals with non-theatrical film distribution in the UK:
FilmBank

Unfortunately 'House of the Long Shadows' isn't listed as available in 16mm anymore.

- Rob

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 23, 2008 09:06 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of Filmbank titles that have been available on 16mm don't show up online as being on 16mm - including one I hired only about 3 years ago - so I suspect they they still have a lot of titles on 16mm that might be worth asking about if anyone is interested in hiring them.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to even acknowledge the existence of 16mm in the information parts of the site - or it's very well hidden!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 23, 2008 01:27 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks chaps. Well, I guess there's a print out there somewhere.
Heres hoping!

Mike

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 25, 2008 04:17 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 16mm feature on loan from Filmbank (owned by Warners) will probably cost about £100. That's £75 minimum fee, plus £24 postage.

They used to use Securicor but I see they now use Parcelforce.

The Bristol Film Unit for whom I used to project always used 16mm but Filmbank did not reprint any damaged films, so the Unit changed to hiring DVDs from them. However, the hire fee was the same as 16mm!

I believe that their last new 16mm release was the first Harry Potter film.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC