8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Does anyone recgnise this cartoon...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone recgnise this cartoon...
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2008 05:13 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember seeing this on TV a while back, and all I can remember is that it was called Horrible Hall and the tune went "When you turn out the light you'll get a horrible fright, it's all at Horrible Hall". Anyone got it/seen it on 16mm?

|  IP: Logged

Germaine Fodor
Junior

- posted May 10, 2008 03:40 PM      Profile for Germaine Fodor   Author's Homepage   Email Germaine Fodor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Simon-
Did you see this cartoon in the early 70's?
Because I think what you're asking about might be "Groovie Goolies", a monster-version/ripoff of "The Archie Show".
-and- word on the street has it (boyfriend says) that the Groovie Goolie characters lived in Horrible Hall!

Does this sound right?
Let me know if you find out...now I'M curious!

-Germaine

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 11, 2008 11:16 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Germaine (and her boyfriend) are right. Check out these YouTube clips:

Groovie
Goolies

And yes, I have seen 16mm prints of these shows on eBay.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2008 12:06 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic! Many thanks guys, yes, that's the cartoon! Now all I must do is find a 16 mm print!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 11, 2008 12:57 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I refer to "The Encyclopedia of Animated Cartoons" by Jeff Lenburg.

THE GROOVIE GOOLIES. Humble Hall residents Count Dracula, Hagatha, his plump wife, Frankie, their son; Bella La Ghostly, the switchboard operator; Sabrina the teenage witch; Wolfie, the werewolf; Bonapart, the accident-prone skeleton; Mummy, Bonapart's buddy; and other haunt trespassers with practical jokes and ghoulish mischief in this movie monster spoof produced for Saturday morning television. The characters were originally introduced on 1970's "Sabrina and the Groovie Ghoolies" series on CBS, before they were resurrected by the network in their own weekly series. For its final two seasons, the series shifted to rival network ABC, where it was broadcast on Saturday and Sunday mornings in succession.
A Filmation Production in color running 30 mins. Premiered on CBS September 1971 to September 1972. Voices by Larry Storch, Don Messick, Howard Morris, Jane Webb, Dallas McKennon, John Erwin.

GROOVIE GHOULIE AND FRIENDS. Like Hanna-Barbera, Filmation packaged for worldwide syndication their own collection of previous cartoon hits: "Groovie Goolies," "The Adventures of Waldo Kitty," "Lassie's Rescue Rangers," "The New Adventures of Gilligan," "My Favorite Martian" and 18 half-hour combinations of "M.U.S.H." "Fraidy Cat" and "Wacky and Packy".
A Filmation Production in color. Half-hour. Premiered September 1976. Syndicated.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC