8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » StarChaser : The Legend of Orin! 35MM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: StarChaser : The Legend of Orin! 35MM
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 05:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! I know my print of Starchaser is not 8MM or 16MM, but I know that there are some 35MM collectors amidst our numbers, and so I bring it to your attention. It's on my ebay. Could somebody make a link?

I thank you for your time!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2008 05:35 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is your link Osi. Best of luck with the sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARCH ASER-THE-LEGEND-OF-ORIN-3D-35MM-FEATURE_W0QQitemZ250300960851QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63821QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 06:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Muchas Gracias, Mi Amigo!

OSI

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2008 02:50 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mi placer. Come esta el bebe?

Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 03:08 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I'm aware Ebay do not allow the auction of 35mm features - you may want to keep an eye on that, Osi!!

(Unless, they've changed the rules!!!???)

-Mike

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 04:03 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, no, they haven't changed the rules but sometimes some features manage to get sold.
Osi, if it had been on cores, I might have placed a bid but on reels, shipping overseas will be an absolute killer.
FYI, one single reel, on core, ships for approx. $35.00

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2008 04:04 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The interesting part is that it is an "over and under" 3D print. Just how rare are these (not just this feature) on the collectors market? And has anyone ever seen "over and under" prints on 16mm or Super 8?

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 12:10 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See my answer in the super 8 section... [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2008 03:39 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was curious about Michael's statement regarding E-Bay and 35mm prints; so I checked it out. Here's what they say:

quote:
35mm (millimeter) or 70mm movie prints are the reels of film used by movie theatres to show movies. Only the copyright owners of 35 mm and 70 mm movie prints or these owners’ authorized licensees may list 35 mm or 70 mm movie prints on eBay. These sellers must state their ownership or right to sell these prints in their listings and be able to prove it to eBay. This policy extends to 35mm and 70mm picture shorts, such as cartoons.

Sales of 35 mm or 70 mm by members who are not authorized licensees are not permitted on eBay.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

* Listing cancellation
* Limits on account privileges
* Account suspension
* Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
* Loss of PowerSeller status

This does seem a bit draconian given that there will be lots of public domain 35mm prints out there; not to mention that many of our 8mm / 16mm prints are still in copyright.

I smell the hand of the MPAA and others on this!

Stewart

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 07:58 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I can tell you folks, is that I have sold 35MM before, whether 35MM trailers or that Woody Woodpecker cartoon as well, and I have seen 70MM trailers selling on thier too, and the occasional 35MM feature.

I happen to own it myself, and, if truth be told, how many of our fellow collectors on this forum, who happen to have 35MM features, bought them from the studio's or indivisual copyright owners.

Probably not many.

So ebay does allow to be sold 35MM. By the way, about two years ago, I sold a feature print of "Gorky Park" on 35MM, so ebay certainly does allow for it.

Jean ...

If you should desire to bid on "StarChaser" , I can take it off the reels if that's what you want, whether you want it cored by indivisual reels OR as one giant core, but keep in mind that it will still cost a measurable amount of money to ship overseas.

But I never chisel the customer on shipping.

--------------------

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2008 11:06 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few years ago I saw Ebay shut down some 35mm auctions after (it appeared) someone complained. The most likely scenario would certainly have to be current studio property, i.e. trailers, but these seem to crop up undeterred.

Great old stuff like this seems to go on undeterred, and makes me wish I could collect 'em.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC