8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Animal Crackers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Animal Crackers
Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 02:21 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looking for a 16mm print of ANIMAL CRACKERS. must be excellent print in like new condition. in uk only. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2014 08:10 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember a west midlands film dealer paul foster had a mint print of this on his last list you could be lucky he might still have it

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2014 12:02 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi david. sorry for late replying. been on holiday for a few days. i did actually purchase the print you mention. sadly on receipt i found it to be a poor quality scratchy film. i contacted the seller but he did not want to know.his reply and i qoute was ANY MARKS OR SCRATCHES ON SCREEN ARE FROM THE MASTER USED AND NOT ON THE PRINT SUPPLIED. so just how is one supposed to judge a film before you buy.i myself seeing any film advertised for sale and described as an excellent print in mint condition.is what i expect to get.i shall never ever purchase from there again. hence i am still looking to purchase an excellent condition 16mm print of animal crackers. from uk only due to postage costs.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 19, 2014 02:21 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's strange. I only once ever had a problem with one of Paul's prints and he accepted a return without any quibbles at all.

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2014 03:09 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi michael. well i certainly did not get any offer to return. i said i was not happy with it and asked why he did not mention the scratches . i really dont know how it could be even described as excellent print. even taking into account its an old film the print was poor. what beats me is how can anyone advertise a film as MINT.and then give the reply i got. i have been involved with 8 and 16mm film for years and have always expected a seller to advise of scratches,print quality etc. i still dont see how you can advertise a film as MINT when the film has scratches. be it on the master or not.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 19, 2014 04:16 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with you there, Paul.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC