8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Three Stooges and Sherlock Holmes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Three Stooges and Sherlock Holmes
Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2015 01:09 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. First time poster here and very new to the whole film world. I was just curious if anyone has any Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce 'Sherlock Holmes' films for sale or any Stooge shorts (Shemp prefered). If so email me at thevoiceofterror@gmail.com

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2015 03:35 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have most of the Sherlock holmes films that were made and also about 20 shorts of the 3 stooges inc a feature called go west and all for sale

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2015 02:20 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, welcome to the film world. You should know that several of us collectors will be in your neck of the woods April 25th and 25th at Wildwood Crest...for our twice yearly Cinesea meeting. There will be tons of films sold, bought, swapped...lots of projectors running all day and into the late night. it's at the Ocean Holiday hotel... You should make sure to come and join in. We have a great time talking film, showing , buying , selling..etc. I know you'd find it fun and informative. We do this usually in late April or early May and in October. It's great fun.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 20, 2015 08:07 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave,

I'm seconding what Gary said: I found Mays Landing on the map and you are pretty much at the point where I start to think I'm getting really close!

CineSea on YouTube

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 21, 2015 08:02 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That video has 8mm Forum fingerprints all over it:

Doug Meltzer did all the editing, and the titling, and the film transfer, and even did some foley work to provide sound for the silent sequences. (His idea in the first place...)

Doug, Claus Harding and I shot the footage on 3 different cameras (Digital Video, I-Phone and Tri-X Super-8)

Gary Crawford stars in the opening scene. Many of us are scattered throughout the rest of it.

(None of which is helping Dave find his films!)

CineSea Spring 2012 (Claus Harding)

--------------------

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2015 02:26 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave...I have some Shemp super 8 sound films I might be willing to sell at a fairly cheap price. Let me check on what all I have and I'll get back to you. Have some 16mm Shemps as well.
talk to you soon.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 22, 2015 10:10 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Gary! Tell him he won't have to pay postage if he picks them up at CineSea!) [Big Grin]

[ January 22, 2015, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2015 11:07 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a very nice complete 16mm print inc universal logo for sale terror by night £100.00 plus postage

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC