8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Getting Back Into The Hobby Looking For Some Things

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting Back Into The Hobby Looking For Some Things
Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2016 02:37 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting back into the hobby and I am looking for a couple things, dupes are fine so are faded films and the occasional splice. I'm looking for the following things and similar
King Kong
Dracula
Frankenstein
Pretty much all horror let me know what you have, also interested in classic Sci-Fi Day The Earth Stood Still Blob etc.
I'm also interested in cartoons Warner Brothers Tom and Jerry things like that
I'm also interested in other films lie The Godfather

Let me know what you have as I am interested in a lot of things. You can message me on here or E-Mail me at 40016a@gmail.com
Thank you [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 24, 2016 05:17 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see you back Awesome Holesome! I just listed a lot of super 8 syfy on ebay.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2016 06:30 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made the decision yesterday and I'm already as excited about it as I used to be. Sadly no super 8 equipment left going to stick with 16mm for the time being.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 24, 2016 11:35 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back into 16mm myself. It's what I started with years ago. More fun and huge library. For what super 8mm films are going for now I would rather spend the money on 16mm.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2016 08:22 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Defiantly Pat, there's some crazy prices on super 8 and I feel like there's not as much out in the wild. I might pick up another Elmo just in case I find something, some releases are cheaper on Super 8

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2016 08:58 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin: Check out this forum: www.16mmfilmtalk.com

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 25, 2016 04:00 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must admit the titles and the cheapness of 16mm is very tempting, we do have a few titles but its the size of it for storage etc.
I spotted a full length flat copy of the mission on ebay the other day, it looked like the colours were excellent , went for less than a 100. That is great value compare to the price of super 8 film at present.Also our NT1 appears to playing up with a bit of image jump and i'm buggered if i can see why. I dont really want to start buying more projectors.But all very tempting. [Wink]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 25, 2016 08:12 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm circling the drain 16mm wise. I really love the variety and the quality, but the storage issue is a problem.

-I also have this principle I live by called "keeping it simple" that a whole second gauge is kind of contradicting...

A couple of months ago a John Denver nature film popped up cheap on 16mm. I took the plunge.

-I piled it with my Super-8 1200 foot cans, every so often opened up the can and stared at it for a while.

End of April it came with me to Wildwood and Gary Crawford showed it on one of his Pageants. From this I learned something I never understood before:

-People seem to either love or hate John Denver to an astounding degree! Cowboy Dave watched the whole reel end to end, sang the songs and all, yet others walked past it, took one look and took the Lord's name in vain!

For myself, if I could keep to one good machine, and a couple of nice films I'd feel OK about this, but that's basically what I said when I restarted with Super-8 14 years ago and know myself better than that now!

I'm not buying a whole projector just to watch John Denver sing songs to big horn sheep out in the Rockies, but sooner or later more and more 16mm will show up until it makes more sense!

-Far Out!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 26, 2016 09:47 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...like a bird in the sky...On the same coin, I could watch as many railroad films as there are available - You're talking to someone here who can sit through old programs of American Sportsman, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, name it - Music? Denver was on of the top-rank, I grew up watching many musical shows, which are now absent from Tv, a shame really - Well, a channel devoted to shorts would be my alley, ah the luxury of it all - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC