8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 8mm & 16mm B&W reels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm & 16mm B&W reels
Brogen Boyce
Junior

- posted October 28, 2016 07:03 PM      Profile for Brogen Boyce   Email Brogen Boyce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some reels that might be collectable for the right audience. I'm looking for someone who has relevant knowledge who could help me get a guide price for my reels. They are footage from WW1 and WW2, some with Charlie Chaplin. Another is footage of the Kamakaze suicide pilots of Japan. Does anyone have any knowledge in reels like these. I can provide more information when required.

Thank you very much x

--------------------
B Boyce

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 30, 2016 04:27 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no "book" on this subject - Unlike comics, toys and cards; Film is very diverse and prone to modification - As example, you could say the kamikaze footage is $20 with sound, $15 at silent, $23 with box - It is up to the seller and buyer to negotiate, which is a positive throw towards "live" shows - The WW1 film with Chaplin on the box or can could indicate 'the Bond" or "Shoulder Arms", as his tour time would be later - Again, withing the $20-30 range, depending - Any gauge of film is open to discussion, pricewise - Any market study on it wouldn't be concise - Interesting yes, but not firm - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC