8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: The Odessa File (1974)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: The Odessa File (1974)
Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2017 04:08 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a copy of The Odessa File they're looking to sell? I haven't heard of a scope version, but I know flat ones exist. Many thanks...

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2017 06:45 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Martin and welcome to the 8mm Forums (16mm department)

Although I don't have the feature film you are looking for I thought it would be nice to say hello to you as you have just joined and it is your first post here.

16mm prints of this film will exist as both flat (TV versions) and in 'scope but due to the film being made in the 1970's it is likely many of the originally struck prints would not be on low fade stock.

Kevin

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2017 03:46 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for your reply, Kevin. Yes, I figured low fade might be a tall order on that title, but I'll keep looking. The other one I really want is Where Eagles Dare.

I bought a gorgeous copy of Shout at the Devil in Scope last week. There are only a small number of titles I'm looking for, and hopefully they will show up over time!

Incidentally, I'm a regular writer for Home Cinema Choice magazine, and I actually did an article about Super 8 and 16mm in the November issue.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC