8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Few odd bits for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Few odd bits for sale
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 07, 2017 09:31 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi selling a few odd 16mm bits.

Odd colur shorts etc and the odd trailer.

Best Mark.

[ September 08, 2017, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2017 09:38 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark
I've sent you an email - definitely interested please send me a list - situation sounds serious what on earth has happened?
Kevin

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2017 11:39 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark
Without meaning to be nosey what do you mean by bad Cine luck. Is it something we ought to know so as to avoid a similar situation?

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 08, 2017 05:49 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry just sent some films at high cost not what I was told were coming.

Ive not go the income to deal with such a big loss.

There may be a chance of some redress hopefully.

But I will still loose some money.

Best Mark.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2017 06:51 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark

I'm pleased to hear you are getting somewhere with this - PayPal is your friend in this case as you have been fraudulently sold duff goods and I can assure you they will also make the seller pay to get his not-so-good goods back you do not have to pay the return postage - whether he lives in the next town to you or as in this case 'across the pond' it is his fault for trying to rip you off. Hold firm and you will also help others by stopping this sort of malarkey.

Kevin

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 08, 2017 07:00 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`m not quite sure how it happened, I made very effort etc.

I`d like to think it was just a genuine mistake, feels better then too.

I`m sure the chap is OK, and is now putting it right-ish.

But films and money etc etc.

What`s happening with 8mm prices makes it a very iffy business, a much higher place to fall from if you will, unless you buy off Ian etc.

I think I`m about over the worst, and taken a few extra Blood Pressure tablets !!!

Oh gawd its terrible getting old etc.

Best Mark.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2017 07:07 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your goodwill to others shows no boundaries Mark - sometimes though you have to take the tough stance to prevent being ripped off - there are sharks out there in this and every hobby as I found out this year myself - make sure you don't send him anything back until he has processed your refund and also talk to PayPal you will be surprised at how helpful they can be.

Kevin

PS: Sorry Doug we are off at tangents again!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 08, 2017 11:51 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you get everything sorted out Mark and then decide not to have to sell up or leave the hobby.

Buy only from those who you know you can trust in future to safeguard yourself from being in this same stressful situation ever again.
That'd be my only advise. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2017 01:27 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark
You are obviously depressed over what has happened, but it has happened and will hopefully be resolved through eBay or PayPal, so things can only get better.
Don't do anything hasty that you will most probably regret.
You have long been a respected member and it would be very sad to lose you. Members of the Forum are always here to help and advise and I'm sure you have family and friends that will help you through this.
Nil desperandum carborundum illigitimy - Don't let the bastards grind you down or
In the words of Churchill - ' Keep buggering on'.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2017 04:29 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep your chin up mate - in my experience - you are one of the good guys - things will get better - you'll see

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 09, 2017 05:52 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do appreciate the kindness people but theres really no need etc.

There are so many great people on here.

To be honest its the thought of not having all the nice filmie people contacts has given me as much pause for thought as anything.

And I do so love the old fimie faddlings etc.

You just can`t shift it can you !!!

Best Mark.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2017 12:11 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark
You are obviously depressed over what has happened, but it has happened and will hopefully be resolved through eBay or PayPal, so things can only get better.
Don't do anything hasty that you will most probably regret.
You have long been a respected member and it would be very sad to lose you. Members of the Forum are always here to help and advise and I'm sure you have family and friends that will help you through this.
In the words of Churchill - ' Keep buggering on'.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC