8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Looking for PIECES OF SILVER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for PIECES OF SILVER
Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2019 04:58 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to add this well-edited musical Special to my collection, because it is the perfect intro to every cinema evening.
I heard that it is available both in Super-8 AND 16mm.
Maybe someone can help me to find it.
It would be one more great memory to this marvelous Blackpool 2019 event.
Thanks for looking
Regards
Oliver

|  IP: Logged

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2019 11:07 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Oliver,

I have seen it for sale in both formats. It was released by Derann in both formats. Unfortunately the 16mm print has been elusive in my hunt. I have a print in S8 where the sound is not very good. Another unfortunate event is that it has been also difficult finding audio to re-record this gem. Good luck on your search!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 26, 2019 02:25 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ihave heard from another collector who said the sound wasnt very good but we have this one and i cant really fault the quality of the sound at all. If i was to be mega critical i think there is one tiny bit where there is a hint of wow for literally one note but overhal, its very good. I wonder if later prints had that crappy oxide liquid sound stripe are the poor ones?

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2019 02:50 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It’s great to get these informations.
Thank You very much.
The hunt is on😃

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 26, 2019 08:31 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few years ago, a collector I know found a mint 16mm print at the bottom of a box of boring-looking shorts, in front of a dealers table at Blackpool. Price £5. I have always regretted not having a more thorough look at that box!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2019 07:15 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no...
But I asked every seller this year.
I will try to find it next year in Blackpool again!

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 27, 2019 03:36 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Derann S8 print and the sound is just acceptable, but could be so much better if we could find a good source to do a re-recording in stereo. I wonder if this was ever featured as an 'extra' on a DVD?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 27, 2019 08:02 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read that films like this and Precious Images are rare in the home video formats because of the potentially hundreds of copyrights to wade through.

-and yet we have both of them as film prints.

(It's a miracle!) [Wink]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 27, 2019 08:25 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you find a copy, there were many once upon a time.

https://youtu.be/7bo3x_KMAgI

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC