8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Where to buy 6,000' ARMS for 16mm Eiki, Elmo xenons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to buy 6,000' ARMS for 16mm Eiki, Elmo xenons
Robert Bates
Junior

- posted March 06, 2005 05:37 PM      Profile for Robert Bates   Email Robert Bates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who can sell me or make me extension arms that fit Elmo or Eiki 16mm xenon projectors, and that allow you to use 6,000-foot reels on them?

I think I've also seen adaptors that fit onto normal 2000' arms that extend the arms and allow you to use 6,000' reels on them.

Any ideas?

Bob Bates
b-ybates@worldnet.att.net

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2005 01:26 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rob

http://www.vsp.cape.com/~prfcg/Tower.html

This something that might help you. It was built for super 8 but could be adapted for 16mm. The idea here would be to locate the arms you are seeking and attach them to a large framed devive that holds the machine. Using an independent motor for take up and supply, your machine would run better without holding the reels. Reduce motor wear and tear by only pulling the film through and achieve better sound.

Neumade products based in CT could sell you 35mm arms that could be machined with 16mm shafts. Simply mount to the frame similar to what you see I've built, and come up with the means to drive the lower take up arm and you should be all set.

CG

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 10, 2005 11:22 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert and welcome to the forum.
I guess that you had a look at Chip's inspiring work. This is one way to go.
I'm not sure about the adaptor arms. I know however that Eiki produced an official long-play unit in the past that was basically a large board with two motorized arms between which you could install almost any 16mm projector. These pop up from time to time (albeit rarely) on auction web sites.
Wittner-Kinotechnik used to sell the more recent Eiki LPU featuring an odd co-axial configuration. But it was very expensive. However, I don't see it listed on their catalog anymore.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC