8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Siemens Double-Band Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Siemens Double-Band Projector
Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2006 01:12 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have for sale a Siemens Bouble Band 2000 16mm recording projector,adaptable to Super-16,synchronised with 3 sound modes,which can be linked to one another for transfer and dubbing purposes.These are Optical;Optical+Com-Mag;stand-alone Com-Mag and"Double Band" Sep-Mag.Included isStd 50mm siemens lens,Forward&Reverse screening at strobe-monitored 16,18,20&24fps and 25fps,2 or 3 blade shutter selection,later sprocket clips,optical sound with fully adjustable tracking,magnetic Com-mag soundreplay & record,Sep-Mag sound replay& record unit with centre-track heads &alloy cover,Mags heads in good condition.Universal 15W recording amp,with speaker output,pre-amp and various inputs.Heavy duty step down transformer,and all leads.There is no speaker,no speaker leads.Everything works.Price ? £250.00 ono.Contact me here,and i will get back to you,shipping extra.

|  IP: Logged

Philip Borgnes
Junior

- posted February 03, 2007 12:41 PM      Profile for Philip Borgnes   Author's Homepage   Email Philip Borgnes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thomas,
Just sent you and email to find out if this projector is still available. Thanks.

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2007 07:12 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Philip!

I checked out your website, and read the wall Street Journal article -I´m just amazed: How does one dare to project "Wizard of Oz" on ones garage door for everyone to see? I would´ve thought if the copyright owners (Turner/Warner?) were to find you out they would well nigh crucify you? [Eek!]

How does this work? I´ve been tempted to show films to friends in the back yard as well, only I´d think twice and decide not to, for the aforementioned reasons...

Best Wishes
Lars

Jeff Taylor
Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 10:36 AM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about Sweden's laws, but in the US if you show films for your enjoyment or to your friends you're fine if you don't charge admission and don't advertise the showing. Frankly, I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the studios in years regarding 16mm. Again, you can't profit from a showing, but it's not worth their time to do anything about it.

--------------------
Jeff

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 10:59 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks jeff,

that´s comforting to know! [Smile]

Anyway, I guess the Internet downloading of films is the studios living nightmare, any minor copyright violations probably pale by comparison... [Roll Eyes]

Cheers,
Lars

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC