8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » WANTED - ELMO 16mm TAKE-UP SPOOL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED - ELMO 16mm TAKE-UP SPOOL
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 15, 2007 02:58 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings to you all. This is my first posted message since joining last week. I live in Bristol (UK). I've been collecting since my parents gave me a 9.5mm hand-turned projector for Christmas 1946.
I have recently purchased an Elmo 16-AL which is missing its normally supplied take-up spool (in the recess at the rear).
Has anyone got such an item which they can sell me to make the item complete?
I would also like to get the side-panel extension speaker.
In addition, I would like to be able to locate an Elmo remote speaker for their Super 8 projectors.
Can anyone help me please?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 16, 2007 07:53 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Maurice and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will find someone on here that can help you. I take it the AL has the 800ft auto spool like the CL. I have never seen theses seperate from the machines but a call or email to one or two of the dealers such as Perry's and Classic Home Cinema may bring forth some results.

The BFCC get together is on this coming Saturday and that would also be a good time to have a scout around for the spool etc. http://www.bfcc.biz/

Anyway have a good time using the forum [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 16, 2007 10:36 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Kevin for your comments. Yes. The AL (auto-load) has the same spool and recessed area that is used on the CL (channel-load.) It's usual for a projector's instruction book to disappear (I used "our" site to download a copy) but rather strange for what is part of a projector outfit not to be included.
The seller had said that there were no instructions, but did not mention about the missing spool. It was only when a carrier delivered the projector that I became aware that it was not there.
Here's hoping.

--------------------
Maurice

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 16, 2007 05:45 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I would add is that you would probably never use the small 800ft take-up spool. You will probably find that you will mostly use 1600 or 2000ft spools unless you only intend to show shorts.

I think it's a case of keeping your eyes open and hope that one of these turns up.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 17, 2007 02:43 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I entirely agree. But as a collector I want things to be complete.
Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2007 01:21 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice

Welcome to the forum [Smile] !

quote:
I would like to be able to locate an Elmo remote speaker for their Super 8 projectors
If it's the Elmo Stereo Speaker Set that you're looking for for your projector, I have a pair to sell. Will you be at the BFCC? I shall be taking them along there and putting them on Robs table.

Before anybody asks, I don't really want to try and post them...

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 18, 2007 03:12 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info. I have sent a PM for further details.

--------------------
Maurice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 18, 2007 03:34 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have sent another PM

--------------------
Maurice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 22, 2007 03:17 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very grateful to Mike for offering the pair of Elmo speakers. They are super. It was nice to meet you on Sunday and thanks for the films.

I must also thank another Forum member (he knows who he is) for sending information that has located an official Elmo 16mm 800' spool in Lakewood, N.J. I've been told that they are quite fragile and prone to breaking so often not with a machine. I hope the spool travels OK across the Atlantic!

--------------------
Maurice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 13, 2007 11:13 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very pleased to say that the 800' Elmo spool arrived today from Bay Head NJ US. It was extremely well packed and travelled with no problem. Thanks to eBay!

Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC