8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » ELMO 16AA projector For Sale Nice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO 16AA projector For Sale Nice
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 05, 2008 08:44 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, reluctantly I have to let my 16mm Elmo, my pride and joy go due to an MOT dissaster ( and the washing machine, just after the tumbler !!! went )so running around, or not, in circles.!!!!
So selling this wonderful Elmo machine. They are quite scarce and I think on blance the nicest 16mm machine Elmo made.
They are incredibly kind to the film, great film path with a very light touch quality gate that gives a super sharp across the picture image.
They also have a 2 blade shutter which seems to work better than others so the light output is top drawer. Swing out gate, just the one elmo rubber roller that is in good order its mag optical and the sound is very good indeed. Solid as a rock frame line.
It did have a very rare sound issue but now its been to Kevs for a full service and sort etc and had the switches cleaned etc its well sorted and been running very nicely for him.
There are a much improved update on the older 16A with a better claw etc and nice pull down side flap in black etc and no faffy/messy oil bath goings on etc.
Its had a little use so reflected in the price and sold as is if you will, but its a cracking machine to use and the last of just two ordinary autothread machines Elmo made in 16mm.
Kev also given it a good spruce up and all of these benifit from the still mechanism being taken away, now done so bobs your uncle.
They don`t have take up problems and are a pleaure to use.
Running wise they are not as quiet as a CL ( of course) but OK and whoever buys it will really enjoy it as for me they have a sort of 8 milly-ness about them if you will.
Its lovely and snip at £95 + £16.99 post.
Email me if you need pics.

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 06, 2008 10:39 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up on ebay now but can be pulled easily.
Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC