8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Golden Eiki slot loader.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Golden Eiki slot loader.
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 08, 2015 06:03 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I`m looking for an Eiki Golden slot loader, as a good starter machine, but in no rush.

I need it by mid June if possible, just in case anyone is thinking of moving one along sometime please.

Or even if you hear of one please give me a nod.

Looking to pay £95 -£135 ish or thereabouts.

Many Thanks Mark.

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2015 11:38 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will buy one also now if any are about in fact I will have 3

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 09, 2015 08:52 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark - Presumably you're thinking of a Eiki SSL-1? Your price range would probably rule out the amazingly rare ESL-1 (or 2), which I've been trying to find for years.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 10, 2015 05:07 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian yes an SSL-1 or similar, they are about, its for Ryan my eldest whos recently started film studies. But he used to watch a lot of the real stuff with me when young. He keen to start doing cine himself now.

Hes really busy with work at the momnet and college and fitting it all in and a 60 mile round trip to college too.

But he is away on 16mm thanks to a very kind gift of a few films to get him Going from David G.

I can try to sneak my NT0 in over there when the coasts clear but like to get him one of the later slot loads to last him and nice to use.

Best Mark.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2015 05:29 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a mint SSL1 mint condition on ebay
dwg1000

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 11, 2015 08:36 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark - do you have any reason to rule out a SNT (or even ENT, should one turn up), or does it have to be a slot load? I ask because I suspect they have the edge in terms reliability and they do turn up now and again. I have an ENT (or at least the version called a B&H despite being made by Eiki) and it's the best 16mm projector I've ever owned. I'd say a good one would be a nice 'finisher' machine rather than a 'starter'!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 12, 2015 06:05 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian no either of those is OK as well. I want to get Ryan a nice later model one, hes only 21 so got a good few extra years to get out of one than Me, ooeeerrr !!!

Saying that if a really minter purring NT came along I suppose that would do as well, but he does fancy a golden one.

I prefer a nice black machine and have a lovely NTO from Kevin C on here, a very kind deal too.

Best Mark.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 12, 2015 10:09 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say your son is displaying good taste in projectors! Not only were the last generation Eiki's arguably the most stylish looking 16mm projectors ever made, considerably improving on the square box appearance of the NTs, they also introduced other refinements which mean that if you find ones that are put together well and don't need the tweaks that some Eikis are prone to needing, then their overall performance beats any earlier models.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 13, 2015 05:11 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an ESL-2, which is a bush button electronic slot loader. It was recently serviced with the cam and wick being oiled and re-greased.
It's quite fascinating to hear everything moving for lacing and running at the touch of a button, but, like everything electrical, I suppose there's more to go wrong.
I hope Mark is successful, but I think his price range is being very optimistic.

--------------------
Maurice

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 13, 2015 03:40 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice thanks, I`m sure something will pop up and got a few months to slowly look etc.

Possibly end up an NT1 or something.

I see there is a bloke asking £365 on ebay for an NT1 !!! crackers.

Best Mark.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 14, 2015 06:31 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's fleabay for you Mark. Fortunately I purchased my own slot loader privately at a fraction of the cost so bide your time you will find one they are not so rare. In use the speedy slot unthreading part way through a film is really handy, I rarely use anything else now and the beloved Bell & Howells now collect dust. [Frown]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 14, 2015 07:02 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee I`ve an SNT1 I got for £60 about 15 years ago but sold on, and a slot loader I paid about £100 delivered for 10 years ago, sold on of course and turned a mint one down for £95 plus post 3 years ago so they are about.

Fingers crossed.

Best Mark.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 16, 2015 08:24 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just had some good luck / bad luck as I was offered 2 golden slotloaders by a really nice cine chap for £100 each, but had to buy the 2 at once plus post.

A bit of a stretch at the moment, but was going to bite the bullet and send it all gift, but by the time he got my " yes please " email they and another 2 Eiki,s had gone to another chap.

Would have been great, one for Ryan and one between us as a back up.

Hope they went to a good home and not a for more profit or something.

Oh well, just unlucky, so still looking for a machine.Fingers crossed.

Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC