8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » SOLD £75 + p&p: Kowa 30mm to 70mm Zoom Lens For

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOLD £75 + p&p: Kowa 30mm to 70mm Zoom Lens For
Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 12:14 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am selling my spare zoom lens for use with the Bell & Howell TQIII range of 16mm projectors.

This lens is a rare Kowa Zoom with a very large zoom range of 30mm to 70mm.

Ideal for use in the home for big pictures at the 30mm end of the range, right up to large halls at the 70mm end.

An ideal lens to replace those multiple prime lenses and be more flexible with the projector position in the room.

In very good condition with front cap as shown.

The price is (NOW REDUCED TO £75 from August 29th) plus £7 for RM Special Delivery to UK mainland addresses.

I can post overseas but please note the postage will cost more and a signed for postal service must be used.

Payment is by PayPal only.

Kevin

-

-

[ August 29, 2016, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Clark ]

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 12:57 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
these are top of the range lens I use one all the time with outstanding results

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2016 10:15 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

Nice lens something i have never seen before from Kowa. If only it was an ISCO lens. I always find that prime lenses do better in both picture sharpness and light output especially german lenses.

Though with a aperture (light output) of 1.3 still very impressive.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2016 04:24 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This Kowa is very close in sharpness and density to the prime lenses I have for my Bell & Howell 1698 but not as sharp / contrasty as the 35mm Isco I use in my Eikis.

However - for sheer flexibility this zoom wins hands down and cost wise is so much cheaper than buying three or more prime lenses (ie: 25mm / 38mm / 65mm).

Only selling as I recently, after looking for over 20 years, finally found an Isco-Gottingen 20mm to 60mm zoom with adapters for all my machines (Elmo / Eiki & B&H).

Kevin

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2016 04:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PRICE REDUCTION !

I've received a couple of enquiries for my lens but currently no sale - if it helps a bit I am willing to reduce the price to £75 plus postage extra, hopefully this will tempt someone as a very affordable solution to getting larger pictures and better flexibility when using your TQIII.

Kevin

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2016 08:27 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a superb lens and a steal at that price.
I think many people don't realise how useful the extra zoom capacity is.

I have one for the Eiki projector and would love to have one for my Elmo (also still looking for a 20-60mm lens). If I had a machine that fitted the lens, I would jump on it without hesitation.

- Rob

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2016 12:32 PM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I already have the B+H 1.6 35-65 and also a zoom converter that screws on the end of my standard lens. Apart from the obvious extra focal length, can anyone comment how this Kowa would compare with my existing lenses? Thanks in advance.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2016 01:48 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Chris

It will definitely be as good as your existing zoom or prime / zoom adapter combo, and is probably going to look better in sharpness and contrast.

However as you already have zoom lenses to use it would really be of most benefit to someone with just the 50mm prime lens fitted to their projector.

Kevin

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2016 12:34 PM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,
Thanks very much for your reply. If no one else is going for it, I am interested in it. Can I just check two things though: Is it free of scratches, fungus, etc?

Also you say it's for a TQ3. I use a TQ1; I know the barrel width is the same, but just wanted to check the width of the lens beyond the mount isn't too wide to fit a TQ1 or anything like that.

If anyone wants to make an offer for either of my existing zooms as described above, drop me a PM.

Many thanks.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2016 02:06 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My lens is now sold, many thanks Chris.

Kevin.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2016 03:58 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should think so these are cracking lens

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC