8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » MALICIOUS RUMOR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MALICIOUS RUMOR
Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2005 03:37 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,
I've just had Jed from Derann on the phone, and he informs me that he has been told by one of his
customers that we are to cease trading this Friday !!!! [Confused]
Now I wish someone had TOLD ME [Mad] because I could have gone on Holiday this week [Cool] instead of sitting hear
finishing the July Mailing list.

LET ME ASSURE YOU THAT PERRY'S WILL KEEP TRADING FOR AS LONG AS MY CUSTOMERS
WANT TO BUY FILMS FROM ME.

Perhaps even longer as the films sales are only a part of the Perry's Emporium. I do so wish these sad
people would aim there malicious rumours at some other unsuspecting dealer and leave Perry's to continue selling
films like they have done for the last 40 years.

Regards
Ian

|  IP: Logged

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2005 04:11 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear the rummers that I've heard from time to time is that Derran are closeing but allways turn out not to be true.

Perrys, well it is an old cine name to me and glad it is still opperateing. But to be honest with you I've seen no mention of Perrys in magazines or on the web etc.
Do Perrys have thier own web site, do they do film fayres like Derran?

--------------------
Regards,
David

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 07, 2005 04:46 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it Ian although I havent heard that rumour. [Smile]
What would the cine world be like without Perry's (unc Ian) [Smile]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 07, 2005 09:14 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whew. I darn near had a heart attack just now. Don't do that again, ya hear me [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2005 12:59 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, I think Jed has been sniffing the old stripe paste a little [Wink] . If only they knew just how far the Perry's emporium stretched (I have seen the hub caps for myself!) [Big Grin] 8mm film is really done out of charity to others and always at a loss [Eek!]

I suspect it is that chap "Rosie" who moved over to the dark side (DVD) but whose name I still see on mailing lables on Ian's kitchen table and who started this rumour [Big Grin]

I look forward to visiting Ian in his nursing home in years to come (not that many years!)

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 10, 2005 09:20 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as that Tony! [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC