8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Can You Remember? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Can You Remember?
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2006 04:41 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,the first film i remember seeing was Bugsy Malone at the local "flea pit" in Oxford which my dad used to run.It was a great afternoon which i remember fondly because not only could i go to the projector room, i also got free ice lollies.The first film i saw on super 8 was Enter The Dragon at the youth club i used to go to followed by Game Of Death.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 18, 2006 02:19 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First feature was L&H "Swiss Miss", in a small theater (now a supermarket) near my house that was screening nothing but kids programs on sunday afternoons. From that film, I remember the bridge rope/piano/gorilla scene and Stanley plucking a chicken and using the feathers as fake snow to fool a mountain dog, in order to drink the liquor stored in that little neck barrel.
First film saw in theatre (ie - when it was released) was Disney's Jungle Book. I thought the snake with hypno-eyes was cool.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2006 07:18 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Swiss Miss, Sound of Music, Wizard of OZ, Ten Commandments, Roy, and Hoppy, Voyages with Sinbad, Star Wars, ET, Theaters with twinkling lights in the ceiling.

WOW ! The 35 mm - 70mm experience is always thrilling.

Trev- an old friend once told me of his experience in sitting through two
performances of Wizard of Oz at the Capitol in New York City.

After the screening, Judy Garland, Ray Bolger and Bert Lahr, performed live on stage. The Capitol was big on booking live entertainment.

My father - in - law, speaks highly about the LOWES Paradise, it too had the twinkling lights and clouds in the ceiling. Glad to hear that the Auckland Civic,
still retains the pride in showmanship.

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2006 03:41 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first movie I remember seeing at the cinema when I was a very young child, was "Dr. Doolittle". I remember being so amazed at the giant snail at the end, looking ever-so-huge on the giant movie screen. That snail stuck in my mind forever.

My first drive-in movie was "Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang", which I saw about a year later. I was so comfortable in my dad's car, that I fell asleep about half way through the movie [Smile] .

Nick.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC