8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » I hate eBay!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hate eBay!
Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 21, 2006 10:10 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is going on with eBay??

I see an Elmo 912/S editor sold for $361.88 (32 bids!) and a GAF 3100S projector for $275 (with 24 bids)... but my own Sankyo Stereo-800 (the working one) is already re-listed and not getting any bids, much less a buy-it-now!

Argh?! [Eek!] [Confused]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2006 06:31 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, I find this is the wrong time of the year to sell Cine equipment. Many people need their cash for summer vacations etc........

Best time to sell projectors is in the autumn when people turn to Cine in the long dark nights.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 22, 2006 10:05 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, eBay's got it out for. Beware! [Eek!]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 22, 2006 01:05 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, Craig, that's a good thought. If it doesn't sell this time around I'll just tuck it away until fall and then relist it. It is frustrating to see other items like the abovementioned two sell for MUCH more than they're even worth, though... while all my listing gets is tumbleweeds. [Big Grin] Anyway, just had to vent a bit - I'm good now [Smile]

--------------------

Scott G. Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2006 04:08 PM      Profile for Scott G. Bruce   Email Scott G. Bruce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You were always good, Jan . . .

SGB

--------------------
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 22, 2006 06:45 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]

--------------------

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2006 10:07 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,

Oddly enough I just sold a Eumig Mark DL (entry level dual 8mm/super 8) player on Ebay for $73.00. I was a bit surprised, it was showing it's age but it ran nicely after I cleaned and lubed it up well. I didn't think it would bring that kind of money.

I've found that the best time to buy is late December early January, everyone is tapped out and can't afford to bid against you.

Regards, John

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 27, 2006 10:40 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I couldn't wait 'till the fall so seeing as eBay really is unpredictable more than anything, I listed my Sankyo for the third time... along with two 16mm films, one of which promptly sold at the buy-it-now price (it's an odd reel from YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN). Now that's at least something. [Smile]

I have thus officially begun walking away from 16mm... for my heart belongs to super-8...

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 01, 2006 07:48 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
Ebay makes no sense! I sold one GAF 3100s For $380, another for $250 and the last one which was in very good condition for a measly $99. Yes I have no idea why what or where. It is like predicting the stock market. Steven Sigel had to list his Sankyo 800 I think 3 or 4 times with a buy it now of $380. He finally sold it on try 4 to a buyer from ..New Zealand or Australia of all places!

[ August 01, 2006, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Alan Rik ]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 02, 2006 05:41 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fourth try, you say? Mine just "unsold" for the 3rd time. Could it be that #4 will be my lucky number, too?

Alas, no, I'm done for now, because this has already cost me $25 in listing fees and frankly I'm getting #@*%ed off... Have given up on it for now... let the cold fall/winter months come first. [Roll Eyes]

So, anyone want a B&H 8mm silent projector? Big big sale, only $599 [Big Grin]

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2006 06:59 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
I'm surprised about the Elmo: last March I won a 912/S from eBay Germany for 52 Euros [Wink] It's so uncertain with eBay-you may get a very good bargain every now and then as a buyer,but as a seller obviously....it's another story! To finish with one more example,
a couple of weeks ago a GS1200,less than two hrs before auction ended that I checked, was out for 361E [Eek!]

--------------------
Yannis

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 03, 2006 11:34 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that were on it... I saw a Bauer T610 in the US that just sold for $110!!!! And Jan.. I just got another Canon DS8 for...$207! [Smile]
Ebay is good for buyers right now but BAD for sellers!

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 03, 2006 03:04 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, don't get me started on that T610... The seller completely screwed with his auction - first he ended it early and relisted it... then, near the end, he cancelled all the bids up to date (including one I had made, plus another forum member's) stating that the Schneider 1.1 lens was broken. He didn't even bother to ask any of the bidders first! And to think the projector was already up to almost $200 - I can't believe how stupid the guy was! [Eek!]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC