8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Halloween Horror Night @ Universal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halloween Horror Night @ Universal
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 05, 2006 02:43 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lads, check out the theme of this year's edition. I'll be in the area next weekend and will try to attend... Yum...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2006 05:20 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Jean-Marc.

Hope to read all about it soon. Wish I could make it. I love Halloween. For me when we change clock settings back to GMT in a couple of week’s time, I take this as the official start of the UK projection season. The October BFCC is the best kick-start one needs to gear up for those long winter nights.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 23, 2006 01:44 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Universal event was a bit disappointing (I remember the Florida version being much better). The cool thing was to be able to walk through the plane crash set of War of the World in the dark. The "director" character was only present through a video presentation on the tram. His speech was intercut with extracts from Luis Bunuel and Salvador Dali's "Un chien andalou", a surrealist film that none of the people onboard the tram had seen... oh well...
Knott's Scary Farm and local temporary haunts were much more enjoyable.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC