8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Private Messages

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Private Messages
Danny Morello
Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2007 12:47 PM      Profile for Danny Morello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im wondering how to tell if a person has a PM and also how to get to them. Does it tell you when you log on to this site? Or do you just click on your profile and look at them that way? Ive sent a few PM's and on my profile it tells me that they havent been read yet by the recipient. So if thats the case am I to assume that they were sent and the recipient either has no idea they have a PM or that they dont know how to access them.
Thanks,,,Danny

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 03, 2007 09:01 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Providing the recipient of the PM has enabled "Be notified by email when someone sends you a private message?" in their profile set-up they will get a message telling them they have a PM.
It works very well but I have a feeling that a lot of people don't have that option enabled.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 03, 2007 10:42 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, you should say that you have a VERY STRONG feeling... [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 03, 2007 06:49 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, you are right I did mean "VERY STRONG feeling" [Big Grin]

I'm sure this is the answer to this problem. I dont think some people even check their PM's. I have some sent ones which still havent been read and they are to people who have been using the forum since I sent them. [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 07, 2007 11:32 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Danny, if you sent me PM, don't know where to see it - Shorty

Danny Morello
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2007 12:14 PM      Profile for Danny Morello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,,,I did send you a PM about Omer Whayne's email sddress. I found that if you click on your profile at the top of the page it will show any PM's sent and received, and also if the recipient has read it or not.
Danny

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC