8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Guess The Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guess The Movie
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 02, 2007 01:30 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taken from the screen the other night the photos are a little blurry [Roll Eyes]
 -
 -
My wife slept right through it except for the 10 min intermission when I took her to see it at the movies years ago. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 02, 2007 01:55 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2001 [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 02, 2007 02:51 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks a bit suspiciously like VP graham.
Best Mark, OOEEERRR !!!!!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 02, 2007 05:00 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2001 A Space Odyssey [Smile]
Photos taken from the DVD and Mark you are right a VP nothing but the best [Wink] digitally restored and most importantly an amazing 5:1 sound track, years ago I came close to getting a 16mm Scope print from a fellow collector who sold it cheap just to get rid of it. "wasent into space films I was told" I understand it had good colour or color, funny how you here about these things later [Frown]

Here is an amazing still from the past any guess who the actors are and the film.
 -
Graham [Smile]

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2007 06:18 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alec Guinness and Mark Lester; Oliver?

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 02, 2007 07:26 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark Lester played Oliver in the 1968 musical. That's John Howard Davies with Guinness from David Lean's 1948 "Oliver Twist". Davies went on to produce episodes of Monty Python and Fawlty Towers.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 03, 2007 01:44 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its interesting to note that David Lean 1948 version ran into censorship problems in the US due to Alec Guinnes potrail as Fagin and it wasent until 1951 with a Fagin-deleted version that Oliver Twist reached US screens, as a result the film missed out on substantial revenue. and it wasent until a David Lean retrospective in 1970 at New York's Museum of Modern Art that the complete original version was screened in the US.

Both David Lean films Great Expectations 1946 and Oliver Twist 1948 have been available full length on Super8 B/W for a number of years and are well worth getting.

Lastly a quick ramble [Roll Eyes] that in "Oliver Twist" Robert Newton plays Sikes, brilliant acting, a few years later he was to play what I consider the one and only Long John Silver in the Disney version of "Treasure Island" in 1950.

Another fine actor was a very young Jean Simmons as Estella in "Great Expectations", she was real nasty in this film, and later I remember her in William Wyler "The Big Country" 1958, alongside Gregory Peck. I still have record somewhere great soundtrack by Jerome Moross. well I have truly veered way of topic here, [Eek!] never mind.

Graham [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 03, 2007 04:31 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found it [Smile]
They dont make movies like that anymore.
 -

Graham [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC