8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Terminator 4 news

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Terminator 4 news
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 11, 2007 06:08 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two bits of bad news. I have a cold and Arnold Schwarzenegger will not be in T4. His outstanding contract states he must show his face, so it looks like he will do a cameo, unless he buys out of it all which may be possible I am sure.

Our Arnold will be missed although I expected him to wind up being the governor of the world in a prequel to the other 3 films. We will have to wait and see what comes next.

Fans of his films might like to have a look at this superb web site for the film Commando.
www.commandofans.com/multimedia.html
This film is available for Deraan Films complete by the way on super 8mm.

More later..

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 11, 2007 12:09 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, don't be suprised if Arnold ends up being the US President someday, after all he is definately following in Ronald Reagan's footsteps- first a movie star, then a Governor, and finally a President. I do have a lot of respect for Arnold, he is truly trying his best for the State of California. I don't think he will appear in films anymore.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2007 01:26 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
Lest we not forget that
inorder for the "Schwartz"
to become a U.S. President,
The U.S. Constitution states in
Article 2, that the requirement
one must hold is to be a naturally
born citizen of the U.S.A.

"Schwartzy" hopes that will be
changed for his benefit.

Which I hope never happens.

All I can say is may the "Schwartz"be with him.
Or, Was that Mel Brooks in Spaceballs?
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2007 01:28 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So only a wild Indian can be President? Now everything begins to make sense!!!

Me doth think that as much as I enjoyed Terminator 3, a fourth instalment is going a bit too far. Particularly if there's no Arnie.

P.S. The first film was the best.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2007 10:34 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
I loved that one.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 11, 2007 10:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought that Arnold could've come back as one of the scientists who created the look-a-like terminators, much like Data (on Star Trek the Next generation) looked like his creator.

Oh well, just a thought.

Though i enjoy Arnold, I really don't treasure his films enough to buy a Super 8 feature of them.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2007 10:59 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Hmmmm?
"Ahrnold the Scientist"
Sounds good to me.
[Smile]

--------------------
hobby that we love!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2007 03:47 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, perhaps take another look at 'The Terminator'. It's not really an 'Arnie' film as it was made before he was at his height and was largely the film that ultimately caused his popularity (though strangely not a massive hit upon initial release). Arnold is just one of the cast members but does a totally convincing job as the murderous cyborg that makes the film what it is. I think it's little short of a masterpiece and as much as I love 'Aliens' it is probably James Cameron's best film. 'Titanic' is his worst but we won't go there eh?

Alright, maybe Titanic was better than 'Piranha 2 - Flying Killers'.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 12, 2007 04:19 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We nearly have a president here in the UK so perhaps we can have Arnold and the US can have Tony Blur, sorry Blair.

I think Arnold is great and has certainly achieved much in his life to be proud of. My other hero is George Formby, seriously, and has been since I was around 12 years. Thankfully Derann put out a good number of his films including Off the Dole his second film. Others included No Limit, Spare a Copper, and it’s a shame Arnold can’t play the Uke, might even take my little Ukelele to the Derann Open Day. I can remember years ago some of the George Formby Society meeting in the Derann car park for a Uke bashing session.

What’s all this got to do with Arnold? Absolutely nothing…

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 28, 2007 07:02 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bad news for Arnold Schwarzenegger fans!

Scott Weinberg writes: "Screenwriter Michael Ferris isn't about to dole out too many spoilers regarding his "Terminator 4" script, but he recently made one thing perfectly clear: Arnold Schwarzenegger is most definitely not part of the equation.

From Cinescape: " According to "Terminator 4" co-writer Michael Ferris, don't expect to see Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming "Terminator" film.

I am also holding out for The Sarah Conner Chronicles for which a pilot is now in production.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sarah_Connor_Chronicles

Seems Arnold is not to show in T4 which is a shame. But things can still change even yet. For now we will have to make do with him in a vast collection of DVD'S and the Super 8 films which are still available for film collectors from the likes of Derann Films and to the highest quality.

In T4 we will learn about Skynet and what that postapocalyptic future is like. I thought we had it today with the Labour Party?

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2007 07:40 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lee, what about Terminator 4 !/2 –
It would be set in a utopian future where all “Terminators” are helpful and cheerful and could be played by a digital “George Formby” with a ukulele, instead of an Uzi 9mm.
Television would be outlawed and replaced by Super 8mm.
Film would be sold over the counter at all supermarkets - pre-processed with whatever film you desire, for 1 pence per 1000ft on LPP stock, pre treated with Filmguard/Renew (please specify prior to purchase) and recorded in stereo.
All film collectors would be exempt from work, as long as they were members of the Forum and their residences free from any form of taxation whatsoever.
The universal catchphrase would not be “I’ll be back!” but,
“Turned out nice again hee, hee,!”

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 28, 2007 08:05 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, that was superb. Needed something to make me smile today. Hard graft..

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 28, 2007 11:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It won't be the same without Ah-nold!

It's like Laurel without Hardy.

Abbott without Costello ...

Peter without Pan ....

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2007 09:22 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter without Pan?

That's a good one.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
hobby that we love!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC