8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Just A Day At The Beach

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just A Day At The Beach
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 23, 2007 05:07 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just kidding, [Smile] look at the size of the poor old shark rather large dont you think, [Eek!] if it was that big in real life we would be in big trouble, the advertising people certainly know how to scare people out of the water.
 -
Great in Scope [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 23, 2007 09:38 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Big shark, nice edit! I remember seeing "Jaws 2" in the theater and it was full of folks screaming and talking back to the screen. One exchange was memorable: "Oh that poor little boy (after a shark attack), he's going to be messed up for life. He'll never get over that." Okay....they're really into the movie. Fine. But later in the film, Roy Scheider finds something in the water and the same moviegoer (who must have read a review or known someone who had seen the film before) said loudly "Oh, yes. That's how they kill the shark later." Just what I wanted to hear.

Doug

Doug 2

Doug 3-D

Doug: The Revenge

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 23, 2007 11:47 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The family across the street went to see "Jaws" (the original) and apparently laughed through the entire movie.

Imagine having them one row back!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 24, 2007 03:34 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laughed at "Jaws", [Roll Eyes] it scared the living daylights out of me, especialy the scene where Richard Dreyfuss is examining the hull of the fishing boat, and the severed head appears [Eek!] everyone in the cinema screamed at that one, funny I remember sitting next to people who were smiling and joking around until the movie started, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, [Eek!] there smiles soon changed.

Graham [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 25, 2007 05:48 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a little on the young side to see it when it first came out, but my sister did and I remember she seemed traumatized by it. (PS: She's an operating room nurse with emergency room experience. This takes some doing!)

Here's a sign of big screen vs. small: I've seen it many times on video, and there it just seems like a good adventure story. If I did see it theatrically today it likely wouldn't have the same impact because I know what to expect.

"SMILE!, YOU SON OF A...."

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 25, 2007 06:25 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Stop playing with yourself, Hooper..."

Believe it or not, gents, the first time I saw Jaws was on Super 8. Yup, I actually saw the U8 two-parter in the late 70s before watching the whole feature.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Stuart Fyvie
Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2007 07:03 AM      Profile for Stuart Fyvie   Email Stuart Fyvie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember, the cutdown was better than the actual film!
(Jaws 2 that is.....)
Stuart

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2007 03:11 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too,have only seen the 8mm version.Same goes for Star Wars....Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 25, 2007 04:55 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder, [Roll Eyes] to watch "Jaws" again on the big screen could be interesting especialy with a re-mastered sound track and in 3D [Eek!] now that would be something boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, actually the film did leave it mark on me, remember Chief Brody "Roy Scheider" commenting that most shark attacks happen in three feet of water, well in later years when I took my children to the beach I kept looking out for that damn shark, [Roll Eyes] weird eh.

Graham. [Smile]

PS The one saying that has stuck in my mind was "I THINK WE NEED A BIGGER BOAT !" [Big Grin]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 25, 2007 07:43 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Anyone for a spot of fishing, [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC