8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Mr Bean and a Cinema Video Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr Bean and a Cinema Video Projector
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 29, 2007 03:51 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you want to see what a "Cinema Video Projector" looks like, [Roll Eyes] go and see the latest "Mr Bean Goes on Holiday" film at the cinema, its brilliant, near the end he barracades himself in the projection room at the Cannes film festival, and swaps over from the most boring film ever screened, [Eek!] to his home video camera, showing the results of his holiday trip across France instead, much to the appreciaton of the audience, using the Kinoton DCP70 video projector, while the poor old 35mm in the background [Frown] is spilling film all over the ground, "Mr Bean Goes on Holiday" to France, is one of the funniest films I have seen in a long while, one thing that came across in the film was how nice the French countryside looked, [Smile] this is a must see film, "Mr Bean" at his best, any one else seen it?

Graham [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 30, 2007 04:18 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whats this nobody seen "Mr Bean Holiday" Tut Tut [Wink] I watched it a second time today thats the advantage of being a cinema projectionist you get to see movies [Big Grin] there is a scene at the Cannes film festival where the director of the most boring film ever, breaks into the projection room and kicks this large Kinoton video projector, and shouts "where is the projectionist" this made me [Smile] but also reminded me that I was not in the projection room, but instead at the back of one of our cinemas watching "Mr Bean", while I had forgotton all about the other films finishing elswhere Tut, Tut, [Wink] a case of on screen fiction becoming fact, [Eek!] for those who like musicals at the end "Mr Bean" finishes the film with a large scale number with hundreds of extras on the beach, I bet mostly holiday makers getting involved for a bit of fun, a most enjoyable film, my son said to me today, Dad I guess you will buy the DVD when it comes out?, you bet.

Graham [Smile]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2007 06:04 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

I saw the trailer for it the other night when I went to see "Notes of a Scandal", I wasn't sure of it would be my thing but your recomendation has decided me. It's coming to Worthing in a week or so, so I shall see it then.

I'm never really sure if I like Mr Bean, I have alot of admiration for Rowan Atkinson though... [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Robert Wales
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2007 07:07 AM      Profile for Robert Wales   Email Robert Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't get it until September here in North America.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 30, 2007 03:08 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike
This is a good one, Rowan Atkinson is brilliant, very clever, we have a Russian working at the cinema, and prior to its release told me the trailer looked stupid, well I caught him coming out of the cinema yesterday with a smile,"now that takes something" he said very funny, and pointed out to me that the kid that shares the journey with Mr Bean speaks Russian very well ,interesting, english subtitles put in for the rest of us, the film has an excellent supporting cast.

Robert
Surprised its another 6 months before its release in North America is that normal, and is it the same in the US?.

Graham.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 30, 2007 04:28 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

According to the Universal Studios website, "Mr. Bean's Holiday" will be released in the States on August 31st. If they're holding it till the end of summer, I'm assuming they don't think it will do huge business here.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Robert Wales
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2007 05:13 PM      Profile for Robert Wales   Email Robert Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Universal had it on their schedule for the U.S. and Canada for early summer for a long time but then moved it until August 31, no doubt due to the oncoming onslaught of Spiderman, Shrek and the 3rd Pirates film in May.

Mr. Bean has never been especially popular or well-known in the United States but his tv shows have never stopped running on Canadian televsion. I think Air Canada still uses them occasionally in their in-flight programming.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 30, 2007 09:07 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats interesting, English films generally do well out here sometimes better than big budget Hollywood productions. One film "The Queen" starring Helen Mirren, only ran in the larger multi-plexes for a short time, later we landed up with a print, and with little advertising, this film has done very well. Mr Bean is well known out here, and his new movie has been advertised on TV so it should do OK, its not blockbuster stuff, its just nice to watch a film that makes you smile at life, and does not put anyone down, I think there is a bit of "Mr Bean" in all of us, what do you think? [Wink]

Graham. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC