8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Tadley Film Collectors Convention? Full Address Needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tadley Film Collectors Convention? Full Address Needed
Ian John
Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2007 01:55 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Foster gives the address on his web-site as: "The William Penny Theatre, Awe, Tadley, Hants, but I'm looking for the post code to that address, so I can enter it into my SatNav to help me find the venue.

I have tried a Google search under the theatres name, but drew a blank.

Does anyone know, or can give me the post-code to this venue please? Many thanks for any pointers.

Ian. UK

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 11, 2007 07:56 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ian,
I went to the Tadley convention in 1995, and I used my GPS to find the place. Even with that it took me a while to locate it in the village of Tadley. Anway the William Penny Theater is located within the Aldermaston Atomic Energy Research Center. You need to look for the entrance to the AWE Social Club Center which is on the left as you head south through Tadley on the A340 (take exit 12 off the M4 to the A4 south, then bear leftafter about 8 miles onto the A340 thru Aldermaston then onto Tadley. If you drive thru the village in a southerly direction you have gone toofar. The entrance is on the north side of the village, on a section of dual carriageway, on the left heading south.
The Tadley Convention, organized by Geoff Wheeler, is very laid back and friendly, I really enjoyed it a lot.
While you are enjoying the films at Tadley, try not to think about the nuclear weapons a couple of hundred yards away! [Eek!]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 05:07 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone leaves Tadley with a glow !

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2007 08:34 AM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody from the forum going to Tadley?
I will be there, should be a good day

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2007 03:07 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was there but no contact. We should wear a badge to identify ourselfs or something. Just a thought.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC