8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » IBM Computer Help Needed Please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IBM Computer Help Needed Please
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2007 01:33 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. In the USA our time change (Spring Ahead - Fall Back one hour) started earlier and will end later. I have made this change including "unchecking" the box for automatic daylight change.

The problem is, I have noticed and corrected several times, the computer falls back one hour. On numureous occassions I have had to go back and reset the change to proper time.

Why is this happening? I am running Windows XP service pack 2. What can I do to stop this?

One theory I have is that I could be hitting websites that are not updated and as the online data is exchanged, the websites I am hitting is changing my actual computer clocks. But I am not sure about this.

Comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chip G

|  IP: Logged

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2007 02:15 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip I am running Windows XP with service pack 2 also and mine changed automaticatly when it was supposed to.Do you have your automatic updates on.I do and microsoft down loaded it to me.

They used to have that fix on their site for users who wanted to do it themselves.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC