8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » fashionshootlights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fashionshootlights
Louis Li
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2007 10:50 AM      Profile for Louis Li   Email Louis Li   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have been asked to shoot/light a fashion runway for a friend.
this is a first for me and i'm only familiar with movie lights like the arri's, dedo..
(which i most probably would be using since im familiar with them)

anyone has any advice they can give me?
would really help alot.

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2007 11:42 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louis,

If you really can 'do as you please' in terms of setup and have the lamps available, some 2.4KW Arri HMIs with a bit of diffusion in front would be a lovely choice if put up on tall studio stands (8ft or more, to get out of people's eyes.)

Put them back, parallel to the runway and maybe one aimed at the 'turn' point of the runway, and you should have plenty to work with once they are all balanced.

They are flexible in terms of focusing, and produce very high-quality daylight-temperature light that is quite flattering to human beings.

Just make sure you have plenty of reliable electricity at such a job; you will be amazed at how much power a bunch of hairdryers can pull backstage when everyone is getting ready. I saw one power blackout at such an event because of all the dryers and curlers in action.

Hope this is of help; feel free to ask more questions.

Best,
Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Louis Li
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2007 07:16 PM      Profile for Louis Li   Email Louis Li   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello.
thanks for the reply.

actually, the event is held outdoors at a tight little lane among shophouses
the distance from the end stage (where they turn) to the frontal lights is no more than 20ft actually. so im considering putting 2 arri 1k's. w/blue + diffusion.

its a little tricky cos the front of the stage forms a 'T'. so theres a bit more area to cover.
but thanks claus, u got me thinking.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC