8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Worst movie intro's at cinema...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worst movie intro's at cinema...
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2008 03:13 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just remembered, back in the early 80's when I worked in a movie theater in downtown Washington D.C., we ran show intros between the double-features (remember those [Wink] ).

They were made by the BIC company, and were two cigarette lighters facing each other, "talking", saying stuff about not making noise or smoking in the theater. They were incredibly low-budget, usually with a plain black backround. The humor was soooo dry, tool. [Roll Eyes]

Did anybody else have to endure these shorts at theaters in the 80's?

If not, which ones do you remember from the 70's-80's era.

James.

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2008 03:20 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen a number of BIC lighter INTERMISSION tags laying around here, along the lines of "Its Intermission Time Folks!, anyone who smokes please leave the cinema as this is a no smoking cinema, and remember always use BIC quality lighters!"

it was something along those lines, have not seen one in commercial use before, only on shelves in projection rooms never to see the light of the arc again [Confused]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 04, 2008 03:19 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I have those BIC policy trailers archived, but they haven't made it online as of yet since I have been so busy. There are other policy trailers archived over at www.film-tech.com you can view.

VIDEOS ---> POLICY TRAILERS

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC