8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool Meeting?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blackpool Meeting?
Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2008 04:32 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I've been a bit out of touch lately.

Is it my imagination, or is there a film convention in Blackpool on the 8th / 9th of March?

regards
Stewart

P.S. Someone please bid on my print of Triple Cross which finishes on E-Bay in 7 mins [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2008 05:42 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stewart, Yes there is a Film Fair at the Cliffs Hotel, in Blackpool, on Sunday 9th March. Not as big a bash as the NFCC organised by Derann, but worth a visit, nevertheless.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2008 06:46 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Keith, I'll try to make it.

Stewart

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2008 09:07 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith you mention Derran at Blackpool when is that please?
Also the Farnworth one?

--------------------
Regards,
David

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2008 05:26 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, the Derann bash is in November at the Savoy Hotel. I don't think they will be at the March 9th Film Fair, at the Cliffs Hotel, they weren't there last year.
I do believe that Classic Home Cinema are attending the March Fair though.
As for Farnworth, that was last Saturday, (the next one will be in September). Derann haven't been at Farnworth for a few years now. There are no "mainstream dealers" attending Farnworth, it's still not a bad fair though. Most of the stalls are collectors who are selling/exchanging their wares.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2008 05:24 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Derann have nothing to do with the March Blackpool event. They used to organise one, up until about 1999, but then stopped doing it. So, you'll only see Derann at the November do. The March event is organised by David Guest and I've just returned from it today. Small, but well supported and another great place to pick up bargains. Well worth attending.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC