8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Help please how???? browser etc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help please how???? browser etc
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 02, 2008 06:04 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi can some one tell me please how I can copy a link from an email, where its then goes or is to be found and then how do I paste it in to my browser.
Many thanks Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 02, 2008 06:32 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, Right click on the link and then select "copy". Go to your browser and then highlight anything in the URL bar and then right click and select "Paste"
Should be as simple as that [Smile]

In theory the trick is to double click on the link and in most cases it will open your browser and then go straight to the page the link refers to but this will depend on the mail client and browser you are using.

If you want further help then give me a call tomorrow eve.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 02, 2008 06:53 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kev cracked it. Only had a computer for 6 years after all. But ebay and email is about it, oh and on and off.
Best Mark.

Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2008 02:07 AM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

If you se links to webpages in blue print with a line under:

Press down "Ctrl" as you use the mouse to move the mousepoint to the link and click it. It should then open itself.

If you do not have blue printing on links, they ar just the same as the rest of the typing in the e-mail:

I click three times with the mouse over the link (or sentence) I want to highlight. Doubleclick highligts a word, three fast clicks a sentence.

next, press "Ctrl" and "C" buttons on the keyboard in that order.

this copies what is highlighted

go to where you want to past what you have copied

press "Ctrl" and "v"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC