8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ebay question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay question
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2008 10:31 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try and explain this as best that I can.

1. I'm viewing items on Ebay, scrolling down the page.

2. Click on an item, view it, then close that page and return to the list.

3. Go back up to the top of the page to check something else.

4. In seconds, the page automatically jumps back down to the item you've just viewed, even though you want to be back at the top.

5. Return back to the top of the first page and start again.

This is very annoying, how does one prevent that?

Thanks for any advice!

CG

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 21, 2008 12:45 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip,

If you click on the "Back" feature of your browser, you'll return to the previous page and it will jump down to the item you had just looked at. If you click on the "Back to list of items" on the upper left corner of the eBay site, you'll return to the top of the previous page and it will remain there.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 22, 2008 12:10 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip,

The best way to do searching Ebay is using the feature "open in a new tab" but this is only available on the latest Ibrowser from Internet Explorer or Mozzila. To have this bring the mouse to the link and right click, then you will find that option. Click there!

The advantage of this feature is we can open many pages and do comparasion without need to have a lot of buttons on the below page.

And the most important the list will remain on the top.

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC