8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Moving 09/05/08

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving 09/05/08
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2008 07:52 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick note to let anyone who has my home (postal) address know that we are moving this Friday, 9th May. If you need my new address, email me and I’ll forward it on to you.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 06, 2008 01:38 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will there be a spacious home theatre at the new address?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 06, 2008 04:46 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug, PM-me with information - God Bless your new home, Shorty

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 06, 2008 05:46 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with your move Mike. Hope it goes well - a real hassle I know.
Hope your new home has plenty of space for film boxes! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2008 01:08 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trust you're staying in West Sussex, Mike. We can't afford to lose you!!

Good luck with the move.

Please PM or e-mail me with the new address.

Thanx

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2008 09:05 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike,

Good luck with your move,will you be staying in the Worthing area?

Please let me know if you will be driving early to the BFCC on 24th May as usual?

Cheers Mark W

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2008 06:47 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All

Many thanks for the comments and good wishes. Unfortunately We don't have an internet connection at home yet, nor are we likely to for a while (thanks Virgin [Mad] ), so I haven't been able to send out all the change of address emails yet.

I have internet access at work, which is where I am now, but the security settings won't let me access my Yahoo account. Ironically, it has no problem lettinng me surf Ebay or log on to the forum! [Roll Eyes]

As regards a home cinema setup - this is very much on the agenda and it will be a combined Digital and cine set up, I love cine far to much to go completely down the digital route but equally love the economy, practicality and range of films digital has to offer.

My cine films will hopefully have a nice new home where I can keep them properly organised and run my fingers over them from time to time (in between viewings of course).

As for projectors, I have rationalised my collection and am now down to two Sankyo Stereo 800s and two GS 1200s. They more than meet my needs and should keep me and my family viewing super 8 for many years to come! [Wink]

Mike

ps. Great to see so much activity on the forum, when I get properly connected I shall be back on a more regular basis.

--------------------

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2008 06:54 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike,

Will you be driving down to the BFCC on 24th May??

Please let me know.

Cheers Mark W

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2008 07:18 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark

Sorry, I won't be able to go to the May BFCC this year as we're off on holiday next Thursday for three weeks, driving down to Greece. Just what's needed after all the stress of moving [Wink] .

I hope you manage to find alternative transport... [Frown]

Mike

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2008 07:48 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike, Sorry to hear you will not be at the "bash" in Ealing. Hope to see you in October? Have a safe journey to Greece and a stupendous holiday whilst there and have an ouzo (or two) on me.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2008 07:51 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Mike,

No problem,I will probably go by train this time.

I hope you have a great vacation.

Cheers Mark W

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC