8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Too chatty?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Too chatty?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 17, 2008 11:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at my latest post, and I noticed just how often I post on this wonderful thing called the forum.

I am quite chatty, and if so, I apologize.

I certainly love the gift of verbosity, but I would hate to have folks potentially resentful at the always posting yank!

I can say one thing for sure, I have learned an incredible wealth of info about Super 8, far more than I ever knew when I originally collected super 8 back in the late eighties and it's due to the likes of John Whittle, the Faulkner, the Doug-meister, as well as so many other. I can't speak for others, but I could just imagine all of us getting together in one room and just going on an on about our collections and experiences with film.

If Joe Caruso is successful in his possible preparations for an american Super8palooza, I would love sitting down, popping a few brewski's, (I prefer a nice cream liquer) and shooting the bull as I gaze at all the rpoud owners of GS1200's!!!

(hahaha)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2008 02:58 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep posting Osi. However, I am a little surprised that an animal lover such as yourself would wish to "shoot a bull". Still perhaps you were offended by the said animal at sometime in the in the past.
(Note to self - "remind me not to offend!!")

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 18, 2008 07:19 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I was gone from this forum for a full year and I still surpass your post count by hundreds - hundreds!!!

Dunno what you're so worried about [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 18, 2008 08:46 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but it's good to see you back. Just waiting for the "Mad Scientist" side of you to reappear [Big Grin]

Kev.

[ May 19, 2008, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 18, 2008 10:27 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Kev Jan. Good to see you posting on the forum again. Welcome back.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 18, 2008 11:05 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... heh, heh... blush... shucks, thanks guys... as for the mad scientist in me, he kinda is out of ideas at the moment... he *was* equipping his Bauer T450 with a second sprocket and nearly succeeded but then the electronics went south... granted, I still got a B&H Filmosonic 600PS to convert to 12V/100W EFP lamps using a spare transformer so I don't have to use expensive DJL bulbs with it... But other than that? I need ideas, folks [Wink]

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2008 11:43 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan

I have that same B&H machine would it be possible for you to do the same job for mine? I like this machine for screening first time prints, before makeup and before through the 1200hd's.

The DJL bulb was the worst thing they did to that machine. As was mono sound. I always liked the controls for this machine and it's earlier cousins of the same design.

If you could help me out that'd be wonderful!

Let me know what I have to do.

Chip

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 18, 2008 04:31 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi
Nothing wrong with being too chatty [Smile] its always interesting to read other peoples views and opinions thats what makes life interesting. well I am just about to hobble of to the doctor a large piece of wood hit me a week ago just above the ankle thought it would come right but not so. about a year ago I was on a mountain bike track close where we live. I usually zoom around it about once a week dodging the trees etc, well this time I got to the top of a hill and just before a steep narrow drop there was lady there, she gave me a big [Smile] and said hello as I went past, the distraction made me loose the centre line on that downhill bit, went of the track and over the handle bars and did a flying leap into the trees bike and all, apart from a fractured rib and a few cuts and bruising I was very very lucky. The lady did come to my assistance asked if she could help I said a helicoptor would be nice, joking of course, well I managed to pedal home bent wheel and all, my daughter had just arrived and the first thing she said when seeing me was why had I not done the breakfast dishes [Eek!] so much for sympathy, [Roll Eyes] oh, the week before there was a family at that very spot at the top of that hill, the kids were reluctant to go down it, and as I went through them the dad said watch this man and see how to do it, just as well I did not do my Superman leap that day might have died of embarrassment.

Graham. [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 18, 2008 04:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey kids, watch this Bozo do it foist!

(thunderous crash)

... amidst the children crying in terror, we got the whole thing in technicolor!

(makes that blood look REAL bloody!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 18, 2008 11:42 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who needs Technicolor, good ol' fadin' Eastman will make all that blood look even better [Big Grin]

BTW, brilliant post Graham, I had a good laugh [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2008 09:56 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep em comin Osi!!!

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 20, 2008 05:30 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip: forgot to answer your post last time I checked this thread [Roll Eyes]

Anyway, my plan is this... the Filmosonic, as you know, has a 3-way switch that goes "off/motor/lamp" so basically I plan on removing the existing bulb socket and feeding the two wires leading to it (which carry the standard 110V/60Hz AC voltage, switched on and off by aforementioned switch) into a transformer which I'll pick off one of the Elmo skeletons I have. From that transformer I can then get the 12V/100W current needed to power an EFP lamp, and then it's just a matter of drilling holes and attaching the lamp holder in the correct position in front of the film gate/shutter wheel. That's the theory, anyway, no question there'll be unexpected uh-oh's once I get down to it [Smile]

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2008 05:52 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes but can you do one for me as well? I guess I would have to buy the parts from your skeleton if you have one available to spare for that. I have no problem sending you the machine when you are ready.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 20, 2008 08:34 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it'll take time... let me see how I succeed with my own Filmosonic first and we'll go from there...

(BTW, we're way off-topic by now)

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2008 10:52 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

getting back on topic....... [Big Grin]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 20, 2008 10:56 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would seem that this thread answers itself in its entirety. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 20, 2008 02:05 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was about to say that Doktor Bisterstein! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC