8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Toy Projector wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toy Projector wanted
Lynne Barton
Junior

- posted May 25, 2008 07:36 AM      Profile for Lynne Barton   Email Lynne Barton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] GRATEFULLY ACCEPT ALL HELP/ADVICE [Smile]
A very long ago wished for, but not received Holiday gift. My desires for projector as a child went unfilled. Later saved and saved purchasing a $$ pricey$$ camera, but always rented projectors.

Am searching for MY Toy Projector,according to Mettavant
Toy Projectors here in the US were Brumbergers Hollywood Movie Theatre 8mm ;BATTERY OPERATED #1500 http://members.chello.nl/a.wichmann2/brumbergerhollywood.jpg
Later model (when in H.S.)called NEW Brumberger & #1503

The probable brand/model is Disneyland MiniCine made in USA, but same as small British MiniCine's
http://project.mettavant.fr/Images/selic/disneyland1.jpg

As child 57 years ago,remember picture on box showing child/children running film Box was shown in drugstore window,1949/1950/1951.

Also candidates but unlikely are
Keystone Mickey Mouse Walt Disney Projector
Kodatoy (can]t read mfg) old ad for Toy MOvie Projector

Unlikely because this was small neighborhood Drugstore Window, not Toy Dept of a Dept Store nor regular toy Store.

WELCOME ALL HELP ADVICE in locating above. Attempts on Ebay have found projectors in Mid-LATE 50s (when in H.S.)

Original would have been somewhat $$, but wanted NOTHING ELSE
Instead 16 mm Keystone silent was purchased,presented. [Roll Eyes] I was not allowed to touch Dad ran 2-3 times a yr until we got TV. [Frown]

--------------------
Lynne Barton

--------------------
lynne Barton

|  IP: Logged

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2008 05:50 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lynne,the toy projectors you mention crop up at eBay regularly.Put their names into "my favorites" and eBay will notify you as they become available. [Smile]

--------------------
Trevor

Lynne Barton
Junior

- posted May 26, 2008 10:55 AM      Profile for Lynne Barton   Email Lynne Barton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've spent the better part of this morning trying to find where in 'FAVORITES' where I can insert such. I now have written Ebay "help" so that I can get this done. I have been just searching every day or so, but sometimes work gets in the way and I loose out on possibilities..

It would be so nice to have Ebay send me a message when something becomes available.

--------------------
lynne Barton

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2008 03:45 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you go to "My eBay" and click on it you will get a list of ,buying/selling/watching/favourites. Click on the latter and start listing the things you are looking for... [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Lynne Barton
Junior

- posted May 27, 2008 07:06 AM      Profile for Lynne Barton   Email Lynne Barton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yY eBAY WILL NOT ALLOW THAT PATH.Perhaps the 9.0 version has something to do with it. I (and perhaps others_ msut do this.
1. Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign
in.
2. Click the "Searches" link under the "All Favorites" heading on the
left side of the page.
3. Click the "Add new Search" link next to "My Favorite Searches" at the
top of the page.
4. On the Search page, fill in the information for your search, and then
click the "Search" button.
5. On the search results page, click the "Save this search" link located
above your search results.
6. In the "Name this search" box, keep the suggested search name or
enter a new name for your search.
7. Select the length of time that you'd like to receive the email
notifications from the drop-down list. (The check box for receiving
email notification is selected by default.)
8. Click the "Save" button. Your search is saved to your Favorite
Searches in My eBay.

--------------------
lynne Barton

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 27, 2008 08:45 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lynne, those are the correct steps [Smile] What concerns me, though, is your comment, "Perhaps the 9.0 version has something to do with it." 9.0 version of what? Are you using AOL? If so, the browser built into AOL is probably a poor choice to visit eBay with and you may have better results by using IE or Mozilla Firefox. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Lynne Barton
Junior

- posted June 03, 2008 05:28 PM      Profile for Lynne Barton   Email Lynne Barton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did that and I was able to get in correctly.
I thought about hunting up the Pharmacist that owned/operated the small drugstore, as this projector was looked at by many people (so he said when I asked as a child after it had disappeared from the window). I finally did track down the Pharmacist, just to find that he died 4 years ago : ^ (
I wanted to see if I could find EXACTLY which one it was.
Odd how badly I wanted it, and how my folks got me the 16 mm silent Keystone that my Dad operated a couple of times each year until we got TV, Then I got into Captain Video, Tom Corbott, and Space Patrol, but that is a different story. I never forgot my love of moving pictures and the incredibly interesting stories that are preserved on them.

--------------------
lynne Barton

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 06, 2008 05:48 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, then you definitely are in the right place here on this forum. Don't give up, persistence always leads to success - good luck! [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Jeff Missinne
Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2013 08:38 AM      Profile for Jeff Missinne   Email Jeff Missinne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another toy projector popular in the 1960's and 70's was the Cragstan, a Japanese-made motor driven machine. It was also sold in England (and elsewhere?) as the Horipet. The Cragstan had a sort of double life; packaged as a toy with cartoon films or as a "sports action projector" with NFL clips, a good many were also sold in "adult bookstores" as an accessory with 8mm stag clips. Cragstans often show up on ebay at grossly inflated prices (even though they were a pretty awful projector) upwards of $100, but I lucked into one last year for only a little over $10...and the seller even threw in the set of 6 batteries it requires!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC